1199A/ 10Q's / DJ's after Jan.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1199A/ 10Q's / DJ's after Jan.1

If anyone hears of any AFG updates after Jan. 1, please post.

This site is pretty boring this week, my daily and sometimes hourly checks are not finding enough new posts to keep it interesting, no updates, no celebration, no whining, no fighting? What happened to the club?

Hang in there Fighting41NY!!! Not sure on the club, many may be working on fire prevention/safety grants.Thats keeping me busy!!Take Care!!

Comment

That's where I'm at, although with 1 client submitting app 349 on Tuesday it doesn't seem like many folks are pushing the button. I got 5 more to go, and still counting.
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

We received our 10Q's + questions regarding Station Modification yesterday afternoon. Earlier in the day, our profile was requested to be updated. Now we have had our profile updated since the spring as we were closing out a previous grant...so we thought something might be up. 1199 update a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
          That's where I'm at, although with 1 client submitting app 349 on Tuesday it doesn't seem like many folks are pushing the button. I got 5 more to go, and still counting.
          Speaking of grant numbers, Brian, you seem to be the statistics guru around here. What are the previous year's numbers on the FPS grant (i.e. number applied vs. # funded, etc)?

Just curious,
          Beth

Comment

Last year there were 311 awards. They didn't print a hard number listing of total apps, just a chart. Best estimate I can guage from that is 5,000 apps. So a little skinnier chance at funding, but there's a whole lot less money available. Plus a lot of it gets eaten up by the national orgs for research projects, which in the long run are definitely worthwhile so not knocking them for it. Kinda hard to compete with projects that benefit the entire fire service in one shot by finding better PPE for us.
            Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Last year there were 311 awards. They didn't print a hard number listing of total apps, just a chart. Best estimate I can guage from that is 5,000 apps. So a little skinnier chance at funding, but there's a whole lot less money available. Plus a lot of it gets eaten up by the national orgs for research projects, which in the long run are definitely worthwhile so not knocking them for it. Kinda hard to compete with projects that benefit the entire fire service in one shot by finding better PPE for us.
              I sincerely apologize to the OP for hijacking this thread, but do you think there will be less apps this year because of the new matching amounts? I know I had a hard time talking our chief into still letting me apply (since before it was "free" money (yeah, I know), and now we have to come up with some of our own funds).

Beth

Comment

I would hope not. But when money is tight the first thing out the door is FP activities in most places, so could be the case. Of course that's why you find non-profit hosts such as firefighter associations and the like. Only FDs owe matching funds.

Depending on the project of course. It still has to make sense for the host to be a host, not just a proxy.
                Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Making an abrupt right turn back onto the highway..

Steering the thread back to it's original course...lol...I'm betting (or at least hoping) next week there will be a bunch of 10Q's and 1199A's going out. What do YOU think?
                  Joe Fireman

Comment

Might be something going on. The application web site is down. Either someone tripped on a network cable, or maybe they're making updates. Hopefully at least updates for the award announcement today, even better would be some new 1199As.
                    Brian P. Vickers

Comment

How long until?

Hey Folks,
                      How long does it usually take from the time you submit your 10? and updated financial stuff until you hear back on the official you got money caal and post?
                      W J Vaughn

It is what you learn AFTER you know it all that matters

Comment

How long until?

Hey Folks,
                        How long does it usually take from the time you submit your 10? and updated financial stuff until you hear back on the official you got money caal and post?
                        W J Vaughn

Comment

Might be something going on. The application web site is down. Either someone tripped on a network cable, or maybe they're making updates. Hopefully at least updates for the award announcement today, even better would be some new 1199As.
                          Hopefully they're making updates. I hope even more I'm getting one

Comment

Another Explanation?

I read on one of the posts that a lot of the fire grant support personnel were moving offices the last couple of weeks. So you suppose they are moving servers now too? I would have thought they would have notified us of an outage, but you would also think they would tell us if we didn't get an award !!! lol
                            Joe Fireman

Comment

Dear John Letters

In regards to new 199's I know that in December a lot of the Departments around here got their Sorry try again letters. I was under the impression that Congress had them under the gun to get things done by the end of the year. GUess I was wrong on that too.
                              W J Vaughn

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X