Online Review??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Review??

Has anyone received a request from [email protected] regarding a survey of AFG?? One of our area departments that I helped got their grant three weeks ago and now are getting this email request. They ask generic questions first and then start to query about your computer systems and then it starts sounding like a sales ad. I told them to call the help desk and get a confirmation of the validity of this. Any one else know of this??

bob
    I got your back

Bob,
    I don't have our e-mail archive here, but everything i can see has either come from [email protected] or [email protected]. What was the extension that was used--.com, .gov, .net, .org??

Anybody else??

earl
    Last edited by Greenacres2; 01-03-2007, 11:31 AM.

Comment

These have been going out for some time. Firegrantsupport.com is of course the DHS web site, so nothing strange about the email. This is their usual request for feedback on the application process.

Of course they're still basing everything on internet access and keep getting more and more customers through my various vendors that only have a fax as a means of electronic communication. Meaning I submit the grant, which is no big deal. But also points to the problem that only half of the households in this country have a computer with internet access, and that drops to under 25% when moving towards more rural areas. So of course many departments are unaware of most of the available programs, or even AFG. I did 20 last year that the department had never heard of AFG. But I digress....

The survey is valid, so if anyone gets one definitely fill it out and send it back.

- Brian
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Thanks BC

bob
        I got your back

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)