DJ replies for Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ replies for Vehicles

Question, does anyone have a Dear John from asking for a aerial/truck, but you did not have a 4+story building in town? I'm looking for a response from the DHS that states because they didnt qualify due to this lack of a 'high rise'.

Originally posted by Dobieg
    Question, does anyone have a Dear John from asking for a aerial/truck, but you did not have a 4+story building in town? I'm looking for a response from the DHS that states because they didnt qualify due to this lack of a 'high rise'.
    I personally have never seen an aerial given away that did not have at least 10 4-storyor higher buildings from AFG. If it was not viewed as a "mandatory" requirment per se, why would they even bother to ask the question in the first place?
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
      I personally have never seen an aerial given away that did not have at least 10 4-storyor higher buildings from AFG. If it was not viewed as a "mandatory" requirment per se, why would they even bother to ask the question in the first place?
      I have!

I'm sure you've seen my posts in the past griping about my wealthier neighbors getting grant after grant while my department gets nothing. Well, one of the departments I was griping about received an aerial grant two years ago, and I'm not sure that they have ANY four-story buildings. They might have 2-3 manufacturing facilities that are close to 4 stories in height, but no way they have anything close to ten.

Comment

Well I did say that I personally did not know of any. It is my understanding that 100K+ sq. ft manufacturing or industrial and insitutional complexes may have a bearing to.
        By the way, if your neighbor got it, than that is probabaly part of the reason why you were being denied ,if that is what you were asking for. Sorry it didn't happen for you.
        Kurt Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
          By the way, if your neighbor got it, than that is probabaly part of the reason why you were being denied ,if that is what you were asking for. Sorry it didn't happen for you.
          Nope, not asking, just griping. Yes, I know it doesn't do any good, but sometimes venting my frustrations helps me feel better. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief310 View Post
            Nope, not asking, just griping. Yes, I know it doesn't do any good, but sometimes venting my frustrations helps me feel better. Thank you for your patience.
            Believe me, venting is useful psychotherapy. Happens often and frequently to me every week for about six months once AFG awards start to come out! If you don't belive me ask my partner in NC about how many times she has heard me screaming at the top of my lungs, and I'm in Florida.LOL!
            Kurt Bradley

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse