Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC79er
    replied
    Sly, what are these things you call 'weekends off'?

I'll be spending more time in PA in the next 3 weeks than I have in the previous 5 years since we moved to TX. That's terrible, all the real hoagies and cheesesteaks I get to eat...

Leave a comment:

• SLY4420
    replied
    Sorry to interrupt American Bandstand...

But I see Brian is coming to town. Amazingly on my weekend off.

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    Harry Chapin recorded the song in 1974 based on a poem written by his wife (behind every man is a good woman ). Cat rerecorded it at some point. Seems that is the version I remember (but I can't remember what I did in the last 10 minutes).

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Yeah, he's a real jerk most of the time.

Yes, that would be Harry Chapin, not Cat Stevens wouldn't it. Or did Cat do it too. Hmmm.

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    I was only familiar with the Harry Chapin version of that song. Never knew Cat recorded it. Some comedian also did a version with "cat on my plate at the Peking room..." etc, great lyrics. Both versions fit really well with a lot of travel.

Congratulations Brian. You are now working for the toughest boss you ever had.

earl

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Wait a minute, I have to pay me? Dang, the munity has begun, greedy employees.

Thanks for the well wishes. The good part is the main time away from home is seasonal, so while I'm out for a good bit, I'm home the rest of the time so I won't have to live Cat in the Cradle. And the Mrs says she doesn't mind if I don't come home every week as long as the money does. I'm just a chauffer and a wallet, no delusions of grandeur here.

Man, generation check since I remember both the Cat Stevens version my parents had on LP, and the Ugly Kid Joe one. Think that was their one hit wonder song. I liked MTV way back when it was new...

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    Brian,

Congratulations on the move to be your own boss. Always a big step from the known (regular paycheck) to the unknown. We all know that you will be successful in this venture.

The biggest draw back will be the travel and the time away from the family. With that in mind: play "Cats in the Cradle" by Cat Stevens. This should keep you focused.

Good luck and have fun.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Thanks Bugle. Just another way I'm trying my best to get the word out so everyone at least applies, and those that have been at least have the basics. And now some of the bigger knowledge nuggets. I think I've got 17 days so far away from home, and then I'm only back for 24 hours before I'm out again. But since 2:15 yesterday afternoon, this is now my only job. No more software company. Although working for me means that my new boss is on my case as soon as I get up in the morning...

38 states and counting, hopefully should be adding to that total by the end of the year. I know all 50 is the goal, just have to jump through the right hoops to make it happen.

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    Keep it up

Brian,

Congratulations on having a sponsor to provide free grant seminar training for departments in 38 states. No $$$$ excuses now. You are doing a great job (Kurt & Alana also) in supporting the fire service.

Leave a comment:

• DianeC
    replied
    Originally posted by BC79er View Post
    Since everything is closed to day with the passing of Pres Ford I don't think we'll see anything today. Maybe tomorrow, but I think we'll be lucky to see awards on Friday with it being an even shorter week than planned.
    It's also the start of the very new Congress. A lot of swearing in (and just plain swearing ) and parties, etc.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    I posted partial updates to my schedule and a slightly important change in format. For those that were having trouble getting funds to show up to one, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Bugle posted the link above, but here it is again anyway: www.firegraphics.org

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Minneapolis area. I believe we're going to use a Cabela's like in Kansas City last month. I haven't posted the updates because I'm still confirming everything. I hate posting and reposting information, rather git-r-done the first time around.

Leave a comment:

• wfdmilo
    replied
    Originally posted by BC79er View Post
    Get to that one, one of the others listed on Kurt's site, or check mine by the end of the week also I'll have the updates posted by then. Any workshop beats none.

I have 13 scheduled and many more to post. PA (west, east & central), NJ, NY, MN, IA, KS, with TX, MD, and WV coming soon. Going to be a road warrior for a few weeks. With a stop in San Diego for 2 presentations at FH World also. Continental is going to love me...
    Brian,

I see MN in your list, but I can't find it on the website. Can you tell me where you'll be?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    I'll be in the Des Moines area for a pair of workshops on the 16th and 17th of Feb after being in Indianapolis on the 13th. Just waiting on final word on location before posting.

Nut, we're finalizing the TX dates/locations. For one of the spots I'll probably be using my station, just have to double check the EMT class schedule with the Chief so we don't conflict. Should be having at least 2, maybe 4 around Houston/Dallas/Austin areas. Depends on time, only so many days before the app period closes.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by Tallyho74 View Post
    I noticed that BC79'er and KTB970 are both holding sessions in Iowa. Is there anymore info on when and where those will be. Would love to try to get to one!

Ryan
    Here you go Ryan ;

http://www.chiefsupply.com/grants/do...A_Hawarden.doc

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse