O-fers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian,

Congratulations on the move to be your own boss. Always a big step from the known (regular paycheck) to the unknown. We all know that you will be successful in this venture.

The biggest draw back will be the travel and the time away from the family. With that in mind: play "Cats in the Cradle" by Cat Stevens. This should keep you focused.

Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Wait a minute, I have to pay me? Dang, the munity has begun, greedy employees.

Thanks for the well wishes. The good part is the main time away from home is seasonal, so while I'm out for a good bit, I'm home the rest of the time so I won't have to live Cat in the Cradle. And the Mrs says she doesn't mind if I don't come home every week as long as the money does. I'm just a chauffer and a wallet, no delusions of grandeur here.

Man, generation check since I remember both the Cat Stevens version my parents had on LP, and the Ugly Kid Joe one. Think that was their one hit wonder song. I liked MTV way back when it was new...
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

I was only familiar with the Harry Chapin version of that song. Never knew Cat recorded it. Some comedian also did a version with "cat on my plate at the Peking room..." etc, great lyrics. Both versions fit really well with a lot of travel.

Congratulations Brian. You are now working for the toughest boss you ever had.

earl

Comment

Yeah, he's a real jerk most of the time.

Yes, that would be Harry Chapin, not Cat Stevens wouldn't it. Or did Cat do it too. Hmmm.
          Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Harry Chapin recorded the song in 1974 based on a poem written by his wife (behind every man is a good woman ). Cat rerecorded it at some point. Seems that is the version I remember (but I can't remember what I did in the last 10 minutes).

Comment

Sorry to interrupt American Bandstand...

But I see Brian is coming to town. Amazingly on my weekend off.

Comment

Sly, what are these things you call 'weekends off'?

I'll be spending more time in PA in the next 3 weeks than I have in the previous 5 years since we moved to TX. That's terrible, all the real hoagies and cheesesteaks I get to eat...
                Brian P. Vickers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse