O-fers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
    She is a little bit further south than a days drive Earl; in the land of Wal-Mart in Arkansas. By the way congrats midland35 on your Round 9 award!
    Thanks Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by Greenacres2 View Post
      I hope you mean it helped in terms of grants!!

If you are within a day's drive of Indiana, come out in March--you can karaoke with Kurt in person.

earl
      Earl,
      Thanks for the invite. Sorry, I'll have to pass on this one as Kurt stated Arkansas is more than a day's drive of Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by nicoyaspa View Post
        Would you mind if I read your narratives? I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but I'd like to see what you're doing. I've done pretty well with AFG, with lots of help. Anyway, if you don't mind I'd be interested in taking a look.
        You're welcome to have a look at mine.

For some reason, I can't look at your profile to get your e-mail address. Contact me at [email protected] and I'll reply with our last narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Midland35 View Post
          Earl,
          Thanks for the invite. Sorry, I'll have to pass on this one as Kurt stated Arkansas is more than a day's drive of Indiana.
          You would be welcome up here any time. A friend of mine moved to Bald Knob a few years ago, we haven't been down to visit them yet, but it sounds like my kind of town.

earl

Comment

we're 0 for 6 too. trying to replace a 50 year old truck. computer keeps kicking us out and never have a real person see our application. the govt. won't tell us why we get kicked out just that we're not needy enough. i think it's time the govt changes their computer scoring so other depts finally get some of this money and not all the same depts all the time.

Comment

54 ford

54 ford, post some of your key application highlights, vehicle lineup, call volume, budget, vehicle applied for, vehicle cost, etc and you will get lots of people to look at your stuff. Sounds like you have an obvious error with your application or something way out of line but it is hard to tell knowing only the age of the truck being replaced.

Maybe time to find one of Brian or Kurt's seminars before March or change tactics. Start now for next year and whoop that computer.

Comment

54Ford you must be doing something drastically wrong to have been turned down 6 times in a row. Did you ask for the vehicle all 6 times? Hope you guys have been putting money away during that 6 years towards that truck. I will be glad to review your applciation and give you my opinion at what you are doing wrong. Just contact me offline ( look in profile).
                Kurt Bradley
                Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Would you mind if I read your narratives? I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but I'd like to see what you're doing. I've done pretty well with AFG, with lots of help. Anyway, if you don't mind I'd be interested in taking a look.
                  Just re-reading the thread, and I missed this. Drop me a line at [email protected]. I also can't seem to bring up your profile.

-H
                  "The uniform you wear was given to you. The respect that comes with it must be earned."

Heretic
                  Lieutenant
                  Vermont

Comment

54ford, it's also not just about the truck you're replacing, it's about the other trucks in the fleet. If that 50 y/o truck is the 3rd or later in line out the door then it's not a priority to replace. Now if you're 1st out is over 20 years old, then you have a case. Kurt and I both have seen such situations funded a lot. The misconception is that the age of the one you want to replace is the important metric when it's not.
                    Brian P. Vickers
                    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                    Emergency Services Consulting
                    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Were 0 for 5 also, Awarded in 2001 (wrote the application in hand that year !! )When my neighboring departments are getting awards for vehicles and "tons" of equipment I seriously wonder if applications are "padded" to reflect incresed statics ? The same departments are granted year after year all with low call volume and populations. I want to believe that is not the real reason !

Comment

I've been waiting for a post like this. I have to wonder too.Wish the computer rankings included a check against your NFIRS.

Comment

I'm just getting back on line but can't acess your e-mail either. Shoot me your address and I would appreciate you taking a look at the narratives to see what can be done for 2007. Thanks.

Comment

The computer isn't checking NFIRS because they don't have the right systems in place to make that automated (yet). But the GMS or FPS folks are doing that when possible. Since reporting to NFIRS is only required after an award, those that haven't been awarded yet technically don't have to have been reporting, so if there's nothing reported, nothing to compare against.
                            Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Any Recent 1199 or DJs

New year upon us, should start thinking about this year grant app's, and still no DJ or 1199 update. We've never made it this far (O-fer every year), November is always our DJ month. Hate to start tweeking the current app, cause we need PPE (as we have every app). Read the post about the office move possibly delaying 1199's/10Qs. Seems like the last round of DJs were quite a while ago. Any scoop when the next round of DJ's or 1199's go out?

Comment

Since everything is closed to day with the passing of Pres Ford I don't think we'll see anything today. Maybe tomorrow, but I think we'll be lucky to see awards on Friday with it being an even shorter week than planned.
                                Brian P. Vickers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse