Current Closing Date for Applications: Feb 26, 2007
    Funding Instrument Type: Cooperative Agreement
    Category of Funding Activity: Disaster Prevention and Relief
    Category Explanation:
    Expected Number of Awards: 10
    Estimated Total Program Funding: $500,000
    Award Ceiling: $20,000
    Award Floor: $500
    CFDA Number: 15.228 -- National Fire Plan - Wildland Urban Interface Community Fire Assistance
    Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement: Yes

Description
    The RFA program provides funding to improve the capacity and capabilities of rural and volunteer fire departments (RFDs) that protect rural communities of less than 10,000 persons and play a substantial cooperative role in the suppression of wildland fires within, or in the vicinity of lands managed by the DOI. All application packages received by the DOI Bureaus within each state are reviewed and prioitized collaboratively by a panel of DOI and partnering agency representatives. Priority for, and amount of funding awarded per grantee is based on relative need, proximity to and partnership with DOI lands and bureaus and other factors. Successful applicants will be notified and directed on procedures necessary to complete the application process.

http://www.nifc.gov/rfa/
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Hey--something's goofy there...

Total program funding $500,000
    Award cieling $20,000
    Expected number of awards 10 (???????????)

Just doing a little quick math....

earl

Comment

So much for them doing proofreading before sending out the announcements. Copied and pasted from Grants.gov.

Probably missing a 0 for 100 awards expected, they normally don't give out a lot of dough per award. At least I hope so, that's a heck of an admin cost for running the program.
      Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er
        So much for them doing proofreading before sending out the announcements. Copied and pasted from Grants.gov.

Probably missing a 0 for 100 awards expected, they normally don't give out a lot of dough per award. At least I hope so, that's a heck of an admin cost for running the program.
        Same thing i was thinking. But, if it really was $300k for admin--i was thinking about a career change!!

earl

Comment

When I grow up I want to be a pro baseball player. Really work for about 35-45 minutes a night, stand around the rest of the time and bring in a few million a year. That's the life for me.
          Brian P. Vickers

Comment

That pro basketball thing is harder than it looks. Those guys work out and shoot hoops at least 2 or 3 hours a day. Plus they gotta meet with the nutritionist, proper hair cuts, manicure, yadda, yadda, yadda...

earl (no rhythm, no physical ability, no mechanical skills--guess i'll stick with insurance!! )

Comment

How do you find out if you qualify for this grant? We have a lot of state owned land in and around our district. I assume that is different than DOI managed land?

Fish

Comment

The website that Brian posted above can answer alot of your questions on eligibility. There is an FAQ section. DOI land is federal land that fall within the following 4 agencies: Bureau of Indian Affairs, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

This is a 10% matching grant.
                Last edited by onebugle; 12-14-2006, 08:28 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X