It's all in the percentages....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all in the percentages....

So, anyone care to speculate on award chances, now that round eight has been announced?

I know that the remaining applications are now in peer review.

I know that our department was hoping for a very merry Christmas, but, thus far, have heard nothing. No 1199, no DJ, nuttin'!

So, to add to that, I have all the guys asking "Have you heard?" every five minutes!

I think I read that as of the last round, it was speculated that 1 in 3 (33%)would have been awarded. We at the 1 in 2 (50%) mark yet?

-H
    "The uniform you wear was given to you. The respect that comes with it must be earned."

Heretic
    Lieutenant
    Vermont

Peer Review for AFG was in April & May, I think you mean all apps that haven't heard anything made it to Peer Review?

The SAFER Peer Reviewed denials went out yesterday, we might see some of the AFG denials this week then. There are usually 3 rounds of those, the last of which is the grouping that may end up with excess funds.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

I'm getting that old sinking feeling in my gut that if we haven't received the ?'s or the 1199 by now, we're probably on the DJ list again this year.

Comment

Too many left to think that way. Only around 2000 awards handed out, at best 500-800 pending so still over 2000 left to notify.
        Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Brian,
          All of the DJ's for SAFER did go out yesterday?
          Is that a formal snail mail letter, email, or done through the SAFER site?
          Josh Ball
          FF/EMT - Zoneton Fire Protection District
          PSO II - Louisville International Airport
          Deputy - Bullitt County Sheriff's Office

Comment

Since they appeared to send out emails identifying some apps as eligible for excess funds, and that's usually the last batch to go out looks like all denials are out there.

They would have emailed the application Mail Center and Profile email.
            Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er
              Too many left to think that way. Only around 2000 awards handed out, at best 500-800 pending so still over 2000 left to notify.
              Thanks for the reassurance. We just have too many DJs in our history to allow us any optimism.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X