got 10 Qs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got 10 Qs

is that a definite that we got it? It has been over 2 weeks when do we hear more?

Nothing is definite until it's announced, but you're almost there.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

I know all about chickens, eggs, hatching and counting.....how many departments normally do the 10 q's and 1199a update without getting an award?

Comment

my 2 cents

Originally posted by wfdmilo
        I know all about chickens, eggs, hatching and counting.....how many departments normally do the 10 q's and 1199a update without getting an award?
        I am NOT on of the experts on this forum, but I would say very, very few.

Comment

As far as all the members on this forum go, no one has ever gotten an 1999a update AND the 10 questions and not received an award. There was an error last year that a few departments received 1199a I believe and it was a computer glitch and it was quickly changed by DHS. I think we were talking about 3 or 4 applications out of thousands.

Comment

Originally posted by SLY4420
            As far as all the members on this forum go, no one has ever gotten an 1999a update AND the 10 questions and not received an award. There was an error last year that a few departments received 1199a I believe and it was a computer glitch and it was quickly changed by DHS. I think we were talking about 3 or 4 applications out of thousands.
            Still holding my breath until the money is in the bank!!!

Comment

Still holding my breath until the money is in the bank!!!
              I urge caution! At the rate they're going, hypoxia is a very real danger!

Comment

don't hold your breath.

Got our 1199 in early September. 10 Qs a couple of weeks later. Finally got the reduction notice this week, and of course still waiting for an award. For those who are counting, that's three months since the first incling that we might get an award. So don't hold your breath. Pretend you never even applied for a grant. I'm growing old, losing hair and weight over this thing. And every year I say "Next year I give this to someone else." And every early spring I jump back in head first.

Comment

Originally posted by nicoyaspa
                  Got our 1199 in early September. 10 Qs a couple of weeks later. Finally got the reduction notice this week, and of course still waiting for an award. For those who are counting, that's three months since the first incling that we might get an award. So don't hold your breath. Pretend you never even applied for a grant. I'm growing old, losing hair and weight over this thing. And every year I say "Next year I give this to someone else." And every early spring I jump back in head first.
                  Sounds like my attempts to quit smoking! LOL!
                  Kurt Bradley
                  Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                  " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

10 Questions

I havent checked the site or this forum in awhile (its often too depressing) so I have forgotten, where do we look to see if the 10 questions have come? Is it on the website somewhere, or only in our e-mails?

Comment

Most of the time they've been coming to the Profile's email, then if they don't get a response they'll send to the backup emails and then make a few phone calls. That's why it's important to check for the Update 1199A link, or the new number on an old 1199A. That way you know they're supposed to be coming and can ask DHS if they've been sent yet or not. Several folks had their 10 Q's get stuck in Spam filters, and DHS was happy to take the answers over the phone or resend them via email.
                      Brian P. Vickers

Comment

1199A already updated. Do you always get 10q?

Comment

Yes. When did you get the Update?
                          Brian P. Vickers

Comment

We got the 10 Q's in the first week of October with nothing since. I called the helpdesk last week and was told to remain patient, the funds are being released slowly this year. I also was told that the rumor that was circulating about AFG not recieving the e-mails containing 10Q responses was false.

Comment

10Q's 12/12/06

Got 10Q's today, 1199a - 12/7/06.

TOG, SCBA, TIC.

Merry X-mas and good luck to all.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse