1199a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1199a

Thought I would start another thread for the update...

Kinda let the ones like us , who still Have NOT got the update some hope....

Please post up when your department gets an update...

Still nothing here yet...

Well, as you know by now...if you didn't get a DJ letter, you at least made it to peer. The resident mathmeticians have posted that we're not even at the half way point for Ops awards yet so there's plenty of hope still.

We do already have a thread for this type of discussion at:

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=83956

However, I guess you're right - it's getting kinda long. I too was once a poster in that "Freakin' Out" thread, but eventually many of us get to come out and play in the "good" thread. Hope to see you join us soon!

Comment

Hang in there Eddie. Hopefully won't be too much longer before it shows up.
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er
        Hang in there Eddie. Hopefully won't be too much longer before it shows up.

I'm hangin... barely..

I wasn't aware that if we haven't recieved a DJ that we did make it to peer?.. thats a bit of good news I guess..

Comment

As far as we can tell all of the computer denials went out, so everyone still waiting should have made it into Peer. We'll find out when the next round of them comes out and what it says in the DJ whether or not that's the case.
          Brian P. Vickers

Comment

No 1199A yet, No 10 Q's yet, No DJ yet! Nothing yet at all for an apparatus application. I wish something would happen one way or the other. All the delays from the time you get Q's to award. I think even if we were to receive something soon (this next couple of weeks) on our 1199A/10 Q's, we still wouldn't be looking at an award announcement until Feb-Mar at this rate
            Everyone else has given up on it and I'm about to do the same. Although no DJ (unless it got sent to spam and deleted) I'm still hoping.
            sigpic
            "Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Comment

Originally posted by jmkfire
              No 1199A yet, No 10 Q's yet, No DJ yet! Nothing yet at all for an apparatus application. I wish something would happen one way or the other. All the delays from the time you get Q's to award. I think even if we were to receive something soon (this next couple of weeks) on our 1199A/10 Q's, we still wouldn't be looking at an award announcement until Feb-Mar at this rate
              Everyone else has given up on it and I'm about to do the same. Although no DJ (unless it got sent to spam and deleted) I'm still hoping.

jmkfire,

So are you saying you would turn down the award even if it was in February? NOT! Come on guy, have a little faith. Only about half of the vehicles and awards have been given out at this point. Yes, they are slow but, this is a "grant" and since it is paying for a minimum of 80% of your costs for a new truck, I would not care if it was late next year, as long as I got awarded. Be thankful you are not inthe thread with those that have already received a DJ!
              Kurt Bradley
              Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
              " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

I wouldn't turn it down, believe me, but it isn't up to me. The city council has the final say. They've given up on it and they want to spend the funds that they put aside for the match. We are a small community and $10K is hard for them to keep off to the side(since march) and not pay city bills with. AFG is not making my job convincing them to not spend it any easier at this point/date in the process. If only something would change on it, 1199A update etc.. then it doesn't matter if not awarded till feb,mar or even may I would be able to convince them to not spend the $10K with some kind of movement.
                Last edited by jmkfire; 12-03-2006, 03:17 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Won't they be in a new fiscal year with a new allocation of $10K after Jan 1st? Everyone has 12 months from the time of award to spend the federal funds. Plus with trucks you can put down a deposit of 25% of the order using only federal share funds, so the local matching monies won't be needed until delivery. If they have to spend this money on keeping the lights on, then they'll have plenty of time to come up with another set of matching funds if you are awarded. At least they're already convinced they want to pay the matching, too many don't get the local politicos on board before applying and have a major fight to get the money. Or lose the award, that's happened also.

Last converstation I had with someone in the know was that we'll know all outcomes before the application period opens. Maybe awards won't have been announced, but all DJs and 1199As will have been sent.
                  Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Should have a good chance

John - I would think that you would have a good shot with only 2 trucks and an average age of 42 years old. Keep your fingers crossed and good luck!

Comment

I would have to agree with Brian on this guy. They have already held onto the money for this long, what is another 90 days ( if that) going to matter? I would think your community would be extremely upset with the local politicians if they found out that "in haste" they actually cost themselves a couple of hundred thousand dollars which would now have to be covered by the citizens. Surely you have someone on your board that is a voice of reason and can see the absolute logic in this. Right now you have a better than 50% shot that you are going to get funded, as obviously you made it past the computer scoring to peer review. Why is the phrase "haste makes waste" ringing in my ears?
                      Kurt Bradley

Comment

I don't think they would like to explain to the public why they would turn down a $200K truck for $10K! They realize the importance of the grant to the citizens. I am not sure if they have other projects going on that has cost them more than expected and that is why they are wanting the $10K back. Yes a new budget starts 01-07 and I don't think I will have any difficulties getting the match if they know that something is happening on the application.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jmkfire
                          I don't think I will have any difficulties getting the match if they know that something is happening on the application.
                          Well guy, they do know something. You survived and passed the computer scoring and made it to peer review.That is certainly a "positive" indication that your application is moving forward, at the very least.
                          Kurt Bradley

Comment

Just found a new 1199A, updated since Friday morning. Let the clicking begin....
                            Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er
                              Just found a new 1199A, updated since Friday morning. Let the clicking begin....
                              Got me all excited to check mine. Freaking thing popped up with the link to check my profile. Got a little excited that maybe something would be updated with 1199a, but not yet. The wait for update continues until I check again in another 30 mins or so.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X