Amount Of Grant Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amount Of Grant Purchase

Our previous administration screwed the numbers on our grant application. Is there anyway we can purchase equipment any other way. ie...He allocated $1300 for complete set of Turn-out gear, coat, pants, helmet, gloves, hood, and boots. I cant buy this equipment for this price. Is there a way I can do something?

You will have very few options. Have you recieved a grant? What ever the past administration applied for is the funding that you will get or already recieved. If you are asking if the feds will increase your funding, it will not happen.

Options:

1) The department funds the difference.

2) Look at other brands that meet your requirements. You want Brand X, but Brand Y costs less, but meets the needs. The feds do not hold you to brand names, just the product.

3) Has there been any turnover in the department? Ex. put in for 30 complete sets of TO, but the department is now at 26. The excess funds could be used to offset the costs, but notify your FPS about the change before doing anything.

4) Did the grant include any other items i.e. SCBA etc. If these came in under budget, the excess funds can be used towards the TO over runs.

5) The one option (last) you don't want to hear. Return or refuse the grant if you can not complete the scope of the grant. You are probably around $700 short for full head to toe TO. A big chunk of change to make up depending on the number of TO you are looking at to purchase. Better to return/refuse than default. Redo it next year with the correct figures.
    Last edited by onebugle; 12-01-2006, 08:05 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X