Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Training Grant Program

www.targetsafety.com/fire/grant/

$1 Million Online Training Grant Offered to Volunteer & Combination Fire Departments

TargetSafety - VCOS IAFC - Online Training Grant

TargetSafety in partnership with the International Association of Fire Chiefs - Volunteer and Combination Officers Section is providing a $1 million Online Training grant to Volunteer and Combination Departments. This grant is available to volunteer and combination departments in the United Sates.

Departments who are awarded a grant will receive one year of TargetSafety’s services at no cost. Services include a customized training website, access to specific TargetSafety online training courses including NFPA firefighter courses, EMS continuing education, safety, human resource, HAZMAT, and terrorism courses as well as tools to track and manage training.

Application period November 13, 2006 thru February 28, 2007.

Good Luck & Happy Granting.

- Brian
    Last edited by BC79er; 11-23-2006, 01:59 PM.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

New Program

BC - one of my officers dropped me the link this AM. is this a private firm? just the little bit I have read leads me to believe that there may be a purchasing commitment tied into this program - win the grant, get $, spend it with this firm, and oh by the way, the cost for the full whatever is $X more than the grant.....

just my Brooklyn roots (some one always trying to pull a fast one!) speaking.....

Comment

Target Safety is a private company, and there are no monetary awards. Only free training from the company for departments for 1 year. No purchase required.

Overview page: http://www.targetsafety.com/fire/gra...s.html#purpose
      Brian P. Vickers

Comment

No one else is excited by this?

Comment

Considering how inaccessible and expensive some types of online training can be I would hope more people are excited than are posting. Free is free, and considering how many people I deal with that say training is an issue this is one way to make improvements. Have to exercise the brain as well as the brawn.
          Brian P. Vickers

Comment

My thoughts exactly Kurt, I'm sure some of my guys I have to play school teacher and stand over their shoulder and make them do it it, but a threat to clip their wings until they completed it would work I think

I talked it over with a few board members, they're all for it, to the point they'd be willing to put internet access in the station for the guys who don't have it at home.

Comment

Kurt is ktb9780. I R Brian.
              Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Thanks so much for the info on this Brian! Just so you will feel a little better, I am already working on mine! I could start putting this to use today! Hope we get a chance to use this for a year.

Comment

Sorry about that Brian, I knew that, sometimes my fingers don't obey my mind

Comment

Originally posted by ntmd8r38
                    No one else is excited by this?
                    I'm just being incognito. Don't want everyone knowing what I'm up to while I apply for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22
                      I'm just being incognito. Don't want everyone knowing what I'm up to while I apply for it.
                      D'oh,,me and my big mouth

Did you get the pics I emailed you Catch, I got busy and never checked to see if you did

Comment

S'alright man, I've been called worse.
                        Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Originally posted by ntmd8r38
                          D'oh,,me and my big mouth

Did you get the pics I emailed you Catch, I got busy and never checked to see if you did
                          I think I did. It was the KW doors, right? If so, I did and thanks! If not I have no clue Too much sleep deprivation with a 2 week old.

Comment

Congrats there new Papa! You didn't tell us.

Mine hits 11 months in 12 days. Let me tell you how time flies. She went from rolling a little to crawling at warp speed in about 3 days. Now she's starting to walk. I'm going to need a homing beacon on her soon.

And first time Dada came out? I'll forget my name before I forget that.

Enjoy the little one and blessings to you and the Mrs.

- Brian
                            Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er
                              Congrats there new Papa! You didn't tell us.

Mine hits 11 months in 12 days. Let me tell you how time flies. She went from rolling a little to crawling at warp speed in about 3 days. Now she's starting to walk. I'm going to need a homing beacon on her soon.

And first time Dada came out? I'll forget my name before I forget that.

Enjoy the little one and blessings to you and the Mrs.

- Brian
                              Why thank you sir. This is actually #2 (both boys thank God, and big bro being 19mos.). Just wait, the homing beacon will be a dang good idea, especially at the fire house.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X