Round 6 - Where do we stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 6 - Where do we stand

I'm aware of at least 1 department who received questions back on 10/9 who has yet to be awarded.

I, like many other members here, received questions on 10/26. I don't THINK there were any between those dates. If anyone did get them between those dates, please share.

Is there anyone who received questions PRIOR to 10/9 who has yet to be awarded?

Is there anyone who has received questions AFTER 10/9 who has been awarded?

Just trying to get a feel on where we are on pace for awards. I'm assuming the 10/9 folks should be Round 6, and those of us who received questions in late October should be Round 7.

Anyone have better info?

That is not the case; there are departments out here who received 1199s on Sept. 06 and questions on Sept. 25 that have not been awarded yet.

Comment

So does anyone care to fathom a guess of if we see a round announced on this Friday?
      Kurt Bradley
      Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
      " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

They announced on Thanksgiving Friday last year, and in 2004 also.

Speaking of which, anyone else notice that they awarded a 2004 Excess Fund project on 10/27/2006? Last one before that was 10/7/2005. Guess they really are making sure they spend all of the award monies.
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.vickersconsultingservices.com
        Emergency Services Consulting
        Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
        Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Recieved 10 q's on 10-26
          Verified truck would be retired on 11-16
          Still waiting !!! And hopeing !!
          Any idea on what round that would be ?
          Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Still waiting...

We recieved our 10-Qs on 9/25 and a request for reduction about 2 weeks ago and still have heard nothing...

Has anyone heard if there will be any awards this week? I would guess not with the holiday in here...

Bob

Comment

1199a on 09-08-2006, 10q's on 10-09-2006 still no award yet.

However non affiliated EMS grant I wrote for neighbors have recieved 10q's and reduction letter in last three weeks. Go figure.
              Always confident, ever vigilant.

Comment

I expect we'll see awards this week. In 2004 we were awarded the week of Thanskgiving. One of our Senator's Office called on the Wednesday of that week and we received the official letter on Friday around 10 a.m.

Comment

we recieved our reduction notice on our pagers 2 weeks ago, and then recieved another one saying "oops, we messed up, instead of 600$ reduction you are getting a 1200$ reduction for your pagers."

so we are still looking for our award... I am guessing we will get it this next round.

Comment

For that matter...

For that matter, when was the last group of 10-Q's to go out? 10/26?

We must have made it through the computer scoring since no DJ yet, but does it look like they are grouping the 10-Q's into batches? (Is 10/26 the last instance of a 10-Q?) Or have they been trickling out all along?

I also posed the question earlier about the DJ's that went out......does anyone have any insight if any went out from the aps that made it through the computer scoring but were nixed in the the peer review?

I know the whole process is an enigma to most of us, but I never could understand why they can't just notify those who are definately out. I know there are those always few the bubble, but some are definates and it's shame they have to go through all of this waiting just to get turned down at the last minute. I guess it makes someone feel more powerful somewhere.
                    Joe Fireman

Comment

My view on the DJ's is that they evolve over 3 stages with multiple rounds during each stage if needed.

Stage 1: DJ's sent out to those that did not make it past computer scoring (just done).

Stage 2: DJ's sent out to those that made it to Peer Review, but did not score well. The DJ usually states that 1 or more areas were defiecient.

Stage 3: DJ's sent out late in the award process to those that scored very well, but scored just outside the funding level or funding was exhausted before their award came up. States that in the DJ. Some of these have the potential to be funded during supplemental awards as funding becomes available from returned funds.

Comment

Originally posted by onebugle
                        My view on the DJ's is that they evolve over 3 stages with multiple rounds during each stage if needed.

Stage 1: DJ's sent out to those that did not make it past computer scoring (just done).

Stage 2: DJ's sent out to those that made it to Peer Review, but did not score well. The DJ usually states that 1 or more areas were defiecient.

Stage 3: DJ's sent out late in the award process to those that scored very well, but scored just outside the funding level or funding was exhausted before their award came up. States that in the DJ. Some of these have the potential to be funded during supplemental awards as funding becomes available from returned funds.
                        Well put explanation guy!
                        Kurt Bradley
                        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

But Kurt

The other half of that question was how they send the 10-Q's out and if they are going on a continual basis, or whether they notify in batch runs. Inquiring minds what to know.....of course the next thing we will want to know if they are sent in batch runs.....is when the next batch is due?
                          Joe Fireman

Comment

Batch is how it comes out, no advanced notice on any of it. So we have to keep our ears to the forums.
                            Brian P. Vickers
                            www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                            Emergency Services Consulting
                            Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                            Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Received our stuff last week ...

I received our 1199a update request on monday November 13th, and the 10 questions on Wednesday the 15th.

J. Fred Ayars
                              City Fire Chief

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...