• Show
Clear All

• SLY4420
    replied
    That's what I was getting at...

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    One possible reason for the denial after recieving the 10 q's is the failure to complete the final closeut reports in a timely manner; especially if there have been repeated attempts by the AFG or your FPS to get them completed.

It has been done.

Leave a comment:

• SLY4420
    replied
    What was the reason for denial?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff725
    replied
    we received 10 Qs and denial

we replied to our 10 questions on 10-10 and received our denial letter on 01/09/07. Our local DHS rep does not even see on their system us being issued our questions.

Leave a comment:

• batt403
    replied
    I wonder

Originally posted by onehotcowboy View Post
    We applied for the grants for 3 years, never got anything. We applied again this year for a pumper. We went and bought one, just got delivered in Sept. We also just got our 1199 forms and 10 questions. Can we apply that money towards a new pumper/tanker. We severly need to get a new tanker. Ours has no baffles, frame is shot, jumps in and out of gear, etc. It states that we need to apply for pumper, pumper tanker, mini pumper. Im assuming this shouldnt be a problem, but would like other feedback. And is it looking good for us since we got the 10 questions??? Any help would be very much appreciated...Thanks
    Tenth Round AFG
    Altoona First Responders Operations and Safety $6,460
    City of Oconomowoc Fire Department Operations and Safety $52,065
    Clinton Fire Protection District Operations and Safety $111,150
    Delavan Rescue Squad Inc Operations and Safety $99,370
    Jamestown Fire Department Operations and Safety $19,760
    Somerset Fire / Rescue Operations and Safety $35,834
    Argonne Fire Department Vehicle Acquisition $141,550

Just wondering if it is one and the same

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    In the perfect world you should recieve email at both locations. In the real world it maybe one or the other or both. In the past I have recieved the q's twice through both and 1 time at my personal email only.

Since you recieved the 1199A on the 14th, the q's can come at any time. If you have an issue with the provider changing the security levels, give them a call to see if it will affect incoming emails.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by rbh1957
    Did I get this right, that the 10q will come direct not through the mail center. The reason I ask is that we received the 1199A notice on our last years 1199A back on 11/14/2006. My concern is that our internet provider has been playing with the security levels and the 10q could have been lost. I know it could be a few weeks between 1199A and the questions, but like everyone ealse I don't want to screw it up.
    Sit tight,you may have to wiat a week or two to get them. If oyu have not heard anything by Dec 15, then you might wish to call and ask about it.

Leave a comment:

• rbh1957
    replied
    10 q help!

Did I get this right, that the 10q will come direct not through the mail center. The reason I ask is that we received the 1199A notice on our last years 1199A back on 11/14/2006. My concern is that our internet provider has been playing with the security levels and the 10q could have been lost. I know it could be a few weeks between 1199A and the questions, but like everyone ealse I don't want to screw it up.

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    Wow, take a few days off to help the oldest with his Eagle Scout Project and miss some fireworks.

Onehotcowboy, no one is saying that you folks have done anything wrong. Everyone is trying to give you an informed opinion based on interpretation of the PG or "We've been there, done that. This is the outcome." Your grant application hits upon a huge "gray area" that only can be answered by someone with more authority. Hence the call to your FPS for clarification. Best to get an answer now, than find out later it's a major issue.

So within 2 weeks we decided to act on getting a new truck.Which was in mid-April. We did have to go to our Town to do it, because our Fire Dept is VERY low funded. And let me tell you...it was not easy.
    I agree with you that it's never easy to get a community to fund large capital projects. Congratulations on proving your case to the Town. I do have one question in regards to that purchase.

Did you inform the Town that you had submitted a grant application for the vehicle you got approved? If not, I wouldn't worry about what the Feds could do to you. Your credibility with the Town could be an issue, which could hamper future funding. People remember if a fast one was pulled on them.

We have been there and done that with a former chief. They don't forget.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenacres2
    Dang--i just sent you the flyer!! It will be an honor to be in the presence of a two-time SAFER winner. Is Maxwell House coffee okay, or do we need to kick up the fundraising efforts so we can provide Starbucks??

earl
    Just make sure it is in expresso grind and in large quantities! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Originally posted by k3twpfire
    I am registered for the Pleasant Township Fire Department seminar.
    Dang--i just sent you the flyer!! It will be an honor to be in the presence of a two-time SAFER winner. Is Maxwell House coffee okay, or do we need to kick up the fundraising efforts so we can provide Starbucks??

earl

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by Tonyg26
    We recieved and replied to the 1199A for a SAFER R & R grant.
    Also received 11 Q's - sent directly to my email address. 9 of the 11 appear to be standard questions (woudl you accept, do you understand you have to use NFIRS, have you received a AFG grant before, etc).
    1 - is it normal to recieve question direct?
    2 - can I send you the 2 q's via Email (with my replies) for guidance? do want to answer them wrong and get us denied

Many thanks!!!!
    Give me a shout or email Tony.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    The Inbox is always open Tony.

And yes, they normally come to the Profile email, not the application Mail Center.

Leave a comment:

• Tonyg26
    replied
    Oops

2 - DO NOT want to answer them wrong and get denied

Leave a comment:

• Tonyg26
    replied
    2 Q's for the 3 Amigos on the 10Q's

We recieved and replied to the 1199A for a SAFER R & R grant.
    Also received 11 Q's - sent directly to my email address. 9 of the 11 appear to be standard questions (woudl you accept, do you understand you have to use NFIRS, have you received a AFG grant before, etc).
    1 - is it normal to recieve question direct?
    2 - can I send you the 2 q's via Email (with my replies) for guidance? do want to answer them wrong and get us denied

Many thanks!!!!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X