Question about 10 Q-s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about 10 Q-s

If we have recieved our 10 Q-s is that a sure thing that we are getting the grant?

Your about 99% of the way guy.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Has anyone NOT been awarded?

Are there any departments you know of who received the 1199a update request, and the 10 questions, who have NOT been awarded?

And ... what hurdles are left AFTER those 2 steps?

J. Fred Ayars
      Chief, Salem NJ

Comment

No hurdles after that, just a lot of hovering until the official announcement.

There have been handfuls of late 1199A notices that got pulled last year for trucks when someone didn't carry the 1 in figuring out how much money they had to hand out. But those were highly isolated. At this stage in the game, an 1199A is 99-44/100s of the way to an award.
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.vickersconsultingservices.com
        Emergency Services Consulting
        Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
        Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

How long after you answer 10 Q-s do u get a reply?

Comment

Originally posted by bumpcrys
            How long after you answer 10 Q-s do u get a reply?
            You won't receive a "reply" unless they are following up because they did not receive them. The next step is waiting for the official announcement.

Right now, we still have pending awards from September that are not announced yet. I would guess that 1199As this week translate to at least a month wait.

Comment

On Tuesday I recieved a reduction notice on equipment. I called the lady handeling are grant about the reductions. We agreed to them. I then asked her about how long it would be until are award announcement and if we were for sure getting this award. She told me there were a few more steps after her office we had to go through. Does anyone that has had a reduction notice recivied there award this year from AFG?

Comment

Yes, some people who have been reduced have been awarded, however they were reduced over a month ago.

Comment

Got the 10 ?s. You just reply to the -email right? No mailing of the ?s right as it does not give an address to send to.

Thanks

Comment

Yes, just a reply. Easier to put 1) answer, etc, etc down the list. Rather than put your answer under the questions, since not all of them apply to every project.
                    Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Now what???

We applied for the grants for 3 years, never got anything. We applied again this year for a pumper. We went and bought one, just got delivered in Sept. We also just got our 1199 forms and 10 questions. Can we apply that money towards a new pumper/tanker. We severly need to get a new tanker. Ours has no baffles, frame is shot, jumps in and out of gear, etc. It states that we need to apply for pumper, pumper tanker, mini pumper. Im assuming this shouldnt be a problem, but would like other feedback. And is it looking good for us since we got the 10 questions??? Any help would be very much appreciated...Thanks
                      Live everyday like its your last,for one day...it will be !!!

Comment

Originally posted by onehotcowboy
                        It states that we need to apply for pumper, pumper tanker, mini pumper.

What is the "it states", you are referring to?
                        Kurt Bradley
                        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

When we applied, we applied for money for a new pumper. A couple of the guys are doing the grant. One called me and asked me to come here to ask questions, so...here I am. He explained to me about because we applied for a pumper, we have to get a pumper. Is this true??? And if so, can we use it for a very needed pumper tanker??? Sorry for my stupidness, Im just going off what this other guy is telling me. Im hoping to find out more answers here.
                          Live everyday like its your last,for one day...it will be !!!

Comment

Yes, you applied for a pumper so that's what you need to buy for the amount you asked for at minimum.

But you can put as big a water tank on it as you can afford to make it a pumper-tanker. As long as it holds as many FFs, has at least the pump capacity you asked for, etc, etc they don't care if you paint it pink with purple polka dots.
                            Brian P. Vickers

Comment

I don't think so

My gut feeling from being a frequent reader (and info user) of these forums is that you already bought what you applied for. You must have declared in the grant that you did not have the money for such a project but now you do. I think this years grant is void and you should apply next year. Of course, now having a brand new truck will hurt your chances. Don't go on my opinion alone, KTB, BC79er, or some of the others will have more insight.

bob
                              I got your back

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...