1199A Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1199A Update

Got the 1199A update request in e-mail and the application link. On the link to update in the upper left hand corner it says application and awards. The update is in the awards link. Does this mean we got it? Thanks, it would be our first.

It doesn't mean that you got an award, but you need to read between the lines. You are a first timer and have recieved the 1199A Update link. They will send the update link to potential winners, why create more paperwork for non-winners. The next step is the 10 q's, then the award letter. Time to put the bubbly on ice, but don't open it quite yet.

Comment

Originally posted by asstrace
      Got the 1199A update request in e-mail and the application link. On the link to update in the upper left hand corner it says application and awards. The update is in the awards link. Does this mean we got it? Thanks, it would be our first.
      Remember to follow their directions closely here. Keep copies for yourself in your grant file and send the originals by " Priority Mail" with a return reciept requested. Then go to your email center in the online application and send them a message that it has been sent back as requested by priroity USPS.Congrats looks like you are on your way to an award.
      Kurt Bradley
      Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
      " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Looked at our 1199A today and found award reference for 2006 SAFER - after going 0 fer 7, have now received Fireman's Fund, 2006 AFG, and it looks like 2006 Safer all within a 90 day period. To all who haven't received a grant yet. Just keep trying - It will pay off. To all those who post here - WORDS CAN'T EXPRESS THE APPRECIATION FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP. You all had a hand in us receiving these grants.

Comment

We got our 1199A for our new engine. Have been trying since day one of the AFG program. Now we get to retire our 1975 engine.

Steve C.
          RCFD

Comment

Looking better!!!!!!!

Received 1199A this morning for a new tanker/tender. Hope to see the offical word before the end of the year. From what I have read from other posts its not for sure but looks very, very hopeful!!!!! Will be replacing a 1960 tanker.

Comment

Woo hoo, rbh!! See, no worries. I'm happy for you guys! Let me know if you need any help picking that bad boy out!

Chad
              SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
              Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
              I.A.C.O.J.

Comment

1199 reference number

Received the award reference number on our 1199 last week for SAFER. Still waiting on questions. After this award, we will have received funding 4 years in a row....2003-Pumper/Tanker; 2004--Fire Prevention; 2005--Operations/Safety; 2006 so far SAFER....total funding reveived to date after SAFER will be over $565,000.
                Last edited by chief311; 11-13-2006, 03:23 PM.

Comment

1199a

just back from 7 days in ARUBA and there it was the 1199A update notice for SAFER .....
                  won't open the bubbly just yet - and the body still needs to finish de toxing after a week of Pina Coladas and Mijito's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  and I agree wholeheartly with the prior threads for the 3 Amigos - all their advice and guidance to the family is invaluable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Many thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyg26
                    just back from 7 days in ARUBA and there it was the 1199A update notice for SAFER .....
                    won't open the bubbly just yet - and the body still needs to finish de toxing after a week of Pina Coladas and Mijito's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    and I agree wholeheartly with the prior threads for the 3 Amigos - all their advice and guidance to the family is invaluable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Many thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
                    way to go Tony. Congrats!
                    Kurt Bradley
                    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Finally, finally, FINALLY!!!

After an army of failed vehicle apps, I finally got an 1199a for one today! $185K for an engine and equipment to replace a '69 model and move the '73 model back to second-due/reserve!

Congratulations, Rockhouse Fire & Rescue!!
                      “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
                      ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

As the old adage goes;

"If at first you do not succeed, try, try again"

Seems to be very fitting this year with the folks that have gotten grants after years of denials. Congrats to all.

Comment

Good deal there Brian.

Guess that means I'll have to spend some time logging in and out tonight to see if any more showed up. Good thing I have Prison Break set on the DVR.
                          Brian P. Vickers
                          www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                          Emergency Services Consulting
                          Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                          Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

any one have any dealings with deep south fire equipment?

Comment

Originally posted by 393dodge
                              any one have any dealings with deep south fire equipment?
                              We've never bought one of their trucks, but we recieved a bid and I know of a department that has one. I looked it over pretty good while we were bidding out our tanker pumper. Can't say as I saw one thing wrong with it. Looked like a good, solid built truck. Had we went with a traditional tanker type apparatus (we went with pumper-style body), I'd imagine we'd have gone with Deep South. The department I know that has the one we looked at is very happy with it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X