Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still holding out hope

Hey Kurt!

I'm still hoping, only $68M so far in vehicles!

Congrats to everyone that's been awarded this year!!
    Stay Safe!

Scott
    Bellona Vol. Fire Co.

"There are three kinds of people, those that learn by reading; the few that learn by observation and the ones that have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - anon.

Comment

Originally posted by RAMFIRE42
      congratts!!! attack6 and 10districtpa. we also recieved our award email today for a pumper/tanker. we are going with an american lafrance liberty. we couldnt beat the price. anyhow congradulations to all winners today.
      Congrats to you also. What department are you with? I could have told you sooner but I heard nothing of anyone in Imler, PA being awarded. You must be close to Imler!

Would I be correct to say Portage?
      Last edited by SLY4420; 11-10-2006, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Hey SLY4420 I believe RAMFIRE42 is out on a drunken stuper with this news. He has been going nuts these past few weeks. To answer your question for him, he was the writer for the Blue Knob grant with the portage address. Now if I can get him to help his neighbor to the south, maybe our departemnt can be celebrating this time next year. We also went for a pumper/tanker this year, but I blew it on the narrative. I am patiently waiting to find out when Kurt or Brian will be in the PA area again. I do need to get to one of their grant writing seminars.

Comment

Originally posted by imafireman
          Hey SLY4420 I believe RAMFIRE42 is out on a drunken stuper with this news. He has been going nuts these past few weeks. To answer your question for him, he was the writer for the Blue Knob grant with the portage address. Now if I can get him to help his neighbor to the south, maybe our departemnt can be celebrating this time next year. We also went for a pumper/tanker this year, but I blew it on the narrative. I am patiently waiting to find out when Kurt or Brian will be in the PA area again. I do need to get to one of their grant writing seminars.
          Say--if you come out to the one my department is hosting here (Kurt, March 2-3, 2007, LaPorte, IN) you could bring me the birch beer i think i remember you owe me!!

Seriously, i used to make it State College in about 8 hours (one stop only), Sharon PA in around 6. E-mail me off-line if you want more info.

earl (that's a Hank's Birch Beer if anyone's making a Christmas list!!)

Comment

Imafireman, For A Small Charge!!!!! Lol!!!!! I Would Be Glad To Help You With Your Grant Next Year. I Remember Hearing One Of The Podcasts On Firehouse Saying That Most Of The Time It Is Not The Application That Is The Issue It Is That The Dhs Just Runs Out Of Money. Anyhow Let Me Know When You Want To Start. Now With That Being Said........let Me Get Back To My Drink!!!!!! Lol BLUE KNOB FIRE DEPT IN PORTAGE AND ALSO IMLER AREA FIRE DEPT
            Last edited by RAMFIRE42; 11-11-2006, 09:42 AM.
            YOU ONLY NEED TO BE STUPID ONCE TO BE DEAD FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by imafireman
              I am patiently waiting to find out when Kurt or Brian will be in the PA area again. I do need to get to one of their grant writing seminars.
              Make plans to do it, I attended one of Kurt's and learned a lot. Kurt's great to work with and he'll give you a lot of follow-up support. Contact him, you might be able to set something up to have him come to you if you can round up enough interest.
              Stay Safe!

Scott
              Bellona Vol. Fire Co.

"There are three kinds of people, those that learn by reading; the few that learn by observation and the ones that have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - anon.

Comment

Originally posted by scottm207
                Hey Kurt!

I'm still hoping, only $68M so far in vehicles!

Congrats to everyone that's been awarded this year!!
                Yes only 382 vehicle awards so far if my count is right.
                Kurt Bradley
                Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Not sure on the exact number of vehicles all I know is our department has received 1. Already been in contact with a fire apparatus manufacture, did specs and plant tour. Just have to place it out on bid and then go sign a contract with the company of our choice.

Comment

Originally posted by RAMFIRE42
                    Imafireman, For A Small Charge!!!!! Lol!!!!! I Would Be Glad To Help You With Your Grant Next Year. I Remember Hearing One Of The Podcasts On Firehouse Saying That Most Of The Time It Is Not The Application That Is The Issue It Is That The Dhs Just Runs Out Of Money. Anyhow Let Me Know When You Want To Start. Now With That Being Said........let Me Get Back To My Drink!!!!!! Lol BLUE KNOB FIRE DEPT IN PORTAGE AND ALSO IMLER AREA FIRE DEPT
                    Congratulations. I've already tapped the keg with the 1199, just waiting to pour the first one when I get the award!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X