No announcement yet.

To those with reductions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received an e-mail back for a $1,500 reduction. Requested that we reduce helmets from $250 each to $200 each. That still a good ballpark?

Comment

Not going to get leather buckets with it but still should be able to get pleathers (1010s) or something along those lines.
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Originally posted by Not2L84U2 View Post
        Just received an e-mail back for a $1,500 reduction. Requested that we reduce helmets from $250 each to $200 each. That still a good ballpark?
        It should be enugh Ryan.
        Kurt Bradley
        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Hmmmphhh....alright...I guess we'll take it

Comment

You can give them a call and plead your case. The worse case, they say "no". Others have been successful in restoring partial or even full funding. A $1,500 reduction is not bad......hold a car wash and vacuum the interior....I bet you can vacuum up that amount in loose change.

Comment

Hey whats wrong with 1010's, I've been wearing one for several years? I also have a leather thats hanging on my wall, and will hopefully stay there for a while. I bought it at a flea marlet for $6.00 yes, six, not six hundred and all I had to do was put a new shield on the front of it, the original had been blacked out with a marker.

Comment

Originally posted by onebugle View Post
                You can give them a call and plead your case. The worse case, they say "no". Others have been successful in restoring partial or even full funding. A $1,500 reduction is not bad......hold a car wash and vacuum the interior....I bet you can vacuum up that amount in loose change.
                Forget the car wash--just offer free vaccuuming!! My car's probably good for $3 to $4.

earl ($10 if you can get to the bottom of the center console)

Comment

Our chief said the same thing Bugle...he told me just to take the money and run. Something about not being able to win every arguement...who knows what he means

Derrick, nothing wrong with 1010's. I love my 1044. That's going to be the next debate...whether we're going to traditional or going to stick with something like a 660.

Earl, boy have I get a deal for you. How about you drive down here and make a small monetary donation and then I'll vacuum the $4 out of your vehicle for you. And if you wait 3 or 4 weeks to do it then we'll let Sue hold the baby. It doesn't get any better than that does it? By the way, did you get my e-mail about the waterball?

Comment

Yep, got it. Started to reply at least 5 times and got paged in the middle of each--most recently the day you got the 2 notices!! Local farmers and homeowners have asked that i not try to e-mail you.

No line on a waterball maker up here. I'll keep checking.

earl

Comment

Originally posted by Not2L84U2 View Post
                      Purchase 1x white leather and buy real helmets for everyone else that actually works.

Comment

Just received an e-mail back for a $1,650 reduction. Requested that we reduce pagers from $525 each to $450 each.

Comment

Originally posted by eng645 View Post
                          Just received an e-mail back for a $1,650 reduction. Requested that we reduce pagers from $525 each to $450 each.
                          If oyu can provide them with two ro three quotes showing the cheapest price at above what they are asking, then email copies o the FPS and ask them to reconsider. I have seen them restore funding to full level many times when you can prove your point.
                          Kurt Bradley
                          Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                          " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Airpacks are down to the $5300 range. Some at $5000. So much for the increase into 2007 pricing estimates but those don't seem to be as high as expected either.
                            Brian P. Vickers
                            www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                            Emergency Services Consulting
                            Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                            Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

2007 PPE Reduction

I just got a reduction email today. Scba went from $5,500 to $5,000. Bunker coats reduced to $900 from $950. Also boots from $275 to $250. Total reduction on the grant is $6,275. I need to wait for the remaining quotes to come in before I call to fight the reduction.
                              YOU ONLY NEED TO BE STUPID ONCE TO BE DEAD FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by RAMFIRE42 View Post
                                I just got a reduction email today. Scba went from $5,500 to $5,000.
                                Wow, I wonder how those who applied for > $6,000 for SCBA (expected 2007 pricing) scored?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X