Got the 10 Questions Now What

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the 10 Questions Now What

How do I reply to the 10 Question email? Cut and paste? Just put a number and an answer? Print and mail?

What do I do?????

I usually reply with the responses numbered, but in sentence form so that it restates the question and leaves no doubt--
    1. Yes, we will accept if awarded.

7. Our EIN is 35-xxxxx

Hope this helps. Congrats!!

earl

Comment

Recieved an e-mail this weekend asking us if we would certify that the vehicle being replaced would be taken out of service? Has anyone else ever received this? Does taking the tank off and keeping it in storage until a day when we can put it on another chasis and then selling (hopefully) the old chassis to someone other than an FD count as taking it out of service?

Comment

One department I wrote for received that same question a day or so after the 10 q's were submitted. The reply was quickly yes, they are more than happy to get rid of that tanker (old propane truck) as is it is very hazardous and is an accident waiting to happen.

I am not sure about removing the tank and selling the chassis tho. Technically the vehicle will be out of service, but to be sure, contact the help desk or either the person that sent you an email. If I remember correctly, in our email, it did give contact information. It doesn't hurt a thing to ask.

BTW-looks like you are on the way to a celebration! Congratulations!!!!

Comment

As long as the truck is off the road and no longer being used by the FD as a response vehicle it should meet the OOS definition. Definitely get written clairification from the FPS on that, but if the problem is the truck and not the tank they they shouldn't care about y'all keeping it for future use.
          Brian P. Vickers
          www.vickersconsultingservices.com
          Emergency Services Consulting
          Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
          Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

I submitted a question about removing a vehicle from service and got a very quick and to the point response it is as follows:

When we say out of service, we mean out of service. They certified that the vehicle was unsafe. It is or it isn’t. If it isn’t unsafe, why did they state that it was? They may not continue to use the vehicle. Nor can they sell or donate the vehicle to any other department.

They may trade the unsafe vehicle in with the purchase of their new vehicle. They may sell the vehicle to a junk-yard for scrap. They may donate the unsafe vehicle to a museum.

The unsafe vehicle may not be used for emergency service.

Hope this helps

Comment

Yes since you recieved added prioroty for a vehicle which was "not originally designed as a fire truck" then they want it off the road as far as emergency services go. Sell it to a farmer, not another department.
              Kurt Bradley
              Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
              " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse