• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCVFD300
    replied
    Reasons for the AFGP Delays

Let's see -

1) "They" are the US Government.

2) "They" take more time off then they work.

3) "They" loose information that we send it to them.

4) "They" have us guessing and confusing ourselves with "what if's" and "I heard this".

5) "They" know many FD's are afraid to ask why and will wait forever for announcements.

6) We don't really know who "they" are.

And, and, and............................................... ......

Leave a comment:

• CTJAKE
    replied
    No disrespect to anyone, however, nobody has a clue as to what is going on. Nobody has yet to have any accurate info. regarding anything that has happened so far this year. I dont think anybody in the government has a clue as well. Again, not meant to disrespect any of the people who submit info (brian, kurt, etc..).

Leave a comment:

• RAMFIRE42
    replied
    Why Couldn't They Announce All The Awards For Afg At One Time?

Leave a comment:

• bukstpsear
    replied
    falcon 325

You didn't miss it you were busy getting..... "cake", which is kinda like "cooupinns"

Leave a comment:

• falcon325
    replied
    Originally posted by BC79er
    No awards went out for NC either. This will be a small annoucement, but supposedly next week will be a lot bigger to make up for lost time. The 1199As this week are most likely for R4 and beyond, but with the quick 1199A-question span of 24 hours for most of you this week maybe we'll get some of those in R3. Congrats all.

Sorry maybe I missed it what is the major malfunction with the announcments? I fail to see how it can be THIS difficult to announce the recipients that they ALREADY KNOW....Who dropped the ball at the Gov't level???? It was supposed to be by June, well then maybe July, ooooopss not till August...uh ohhh..we forgot some stuff, now not still September well heres October all but a memory and we're STILL waiting???? The freaking snow will be flying and we'll be cranking up for NEXT YEARS "grant tease" before we find out what the hells going on THIS year..... I realize its a GRANT and essentially a "gift" of sorts but if these folks aren't going to stay with their own timeline they should just keep their mouths shut and say "You'll get it IF and WHEN you get it" rather than string everyone along with this "carrot on a string" taunting session.. Someone needs to get their act together if WE provided service like this... our residents would be hunting us down and dragging us through the streets to the lynching tree.. as you may be able to tell I find this process somewhat frustrating

Leave a comment:

• bukstpsear
    replied
    Let me rephrase that, cake tastes good as long as it has old grandad whiskey with it.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    No awards went out for NC either. This will be a small annoucement, but supposedly next week will be a lot bigger to make up for lost time. The 1199As this week are most likely for R4 and beyond, but with the quick 1199A-question span of 24 hours for most of you this week maybe we'll get some of those in R3. Congrats all.

Leave a comment:

• bukstpsear
    replied

According to a NY congressman's office no notifications have been sent out for NY this week.

However a local EMS agency I wrote for just got their 1199a reference award #.

I feel like the peasents when Marie said, let them eat cake, but cake tastes good too.

Leave a comment:

• tdpearce
    replied
    Doesn't look like any for Oklahoma either, according to Inhofe's office.

Leave a comment:

• nc1130
    replied
    Waiting for Round 3

Just talked with my Maryland Senator Rep. No Awards for Maryland this round.

FYI - 1199 on 9/12, 10 Q's on 9/25, Grant Reduced 10/4. Still nothing.

Leave a comment:

• CordovaFire
    replied
    Thanks Brian and Diane, Was only interested in the number of grants not the who. Congrats to all the new grant awardees this week!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CordovaFire; 10-26-2006, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Not2L84U2
    replied
    Originally posted by Not2L84U2
    So you think Round 2 (of AFG ) will consist of all those who received 1199A on 9/27 or are there some left from the first round of 1199A (I think on 9/11) that have yet to be awarded?
    Sorry was off the meds again...it was the 10Q's that we received on 9/27 not the 1199A. I think that came around 9/15 or so much like everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• Culpster
    replied
    I had contacted my congrassman's ofice 2 weeks ago (Ron Kind Dem 3rd district/Wisconsin) wondering why he hasnt made any phone calls, announced, or even acknowledged those in his district. His district recieved 8 of the 31 grants in the state totlaling almost 1.8 million of the over 2.5 million of the grant money (3 vehicle awads) for Wisconsin. A representative from his office contacted me a couple days later blowing smoke up my wa-zoo saying how proud Mr. Kind was of all those who had recieved a grant and "those of us in the trenches" needed to get the recognition that they had deserved and would aknowledge those, and congratulate them on his web site.

To make a long story short nothing has been done yet, and just like any politician, he is full of crap!!!! Republican or Demacrat; this was the year that independents could have ruled I believe!!! All they are is a bunch of monkeys at the zoo flinging poo at each other...

This message was paid for by those who give a #$%&!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DianeC
    replied
    Originally posted by CordovaFire
    Brian, Diane C - Any word on how many for Alabama this week?
    From yesterday:

Since you're new, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I used to work for a PA Congressman so I am on the list for PA only. I still get the e-mails since I am being forwarded e-mail and because the DHS folks haven't taken me off the list.

For the others...I don't want to acknowledge who gets awards because it's not my place to do so. Either your Congressman/woman or Senator lets you know or you find out Friday. You've waited this long, you can wait two more days. Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Email them back and make sure they got them. Some have apparently gotten lost in space.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X