Round 2 anyone????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Not2L84U2
    So you think Round 2 (of AFG ) will consist of all those who received 1199A on 9/27 or are there some left from the first round of 1199A (I think on 9/11) that have yet to be awarded?
    No, we received our 1199 update on Sept. 06 and the questions on Sept. 25 and have yet to hear anything other than them losing our answers to their questions. They were re-submitted on 10/20. We're not part of Round 2, it appears no NC FD's are in/on Round 2.

Comment

We also got our 1199a update on 9-15-06 ? and the 10 questions on 9-25-06.
      We also got this on 10-10-06
      The program office has further reviewed your application, due to you receiving a Thermal Imaging Camera and 5 sets of turnout gear in 2001 your request for a TIC = ($11,749) will be removed. You are only allowed 21 sets of turnout (=$8975). This will be a total reduction of $20,724. Your total share is now $55,220 not $75, 944. Your federal share is now $52,459 not $72,147. If awarded would you accept this reduction?

I was asked if we would still except the grant and our answer was YES.
      Here it is going into Nov. and we did not make the first or sec rounds. I just dont understand this.

Comment

Nobody understands it. The only consistent thing from this year’s process is the “inconsistency”.

Just a hunch that a larger than normal round will occur next week just in time for all of the Congressional phone calls 5-6 days before the election.

Comment

where?

I can't seem to find the list for round 2. Any help?
          LT/EMT Wright
          I A C O J
          LOXLEY WARRIORS
          All opinions expressed are solely of my personal opinion and in no way reflect those of my department. This is for those of you who use a large stick to stir excrement.

Comment

Brian, Diane C - Any word on how many for Alabama this week?
            Last edited by CordovaFire; 10-26-2006, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Lox, the real list won't show until tomorrow sometime. Only the Congressional offices have them.

No word on AL that I'll post. Like Diane said, this is the time for the Congressfolk to get in touch with the award winners. If they aren't then call them up and make sure they are involved. Some of them still don't call, and still don't care about it. Which to me is a first: a politician that isn't taking advantage of a situation to take credit for something. That and the foam check presentations, what better photo op is there than giving out one of those?
              Brian P. Vickers
              www.vickersconsultingservices.com
              Emergency Services Consulting
              Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
              Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Confirmation of 10Qs

We got our 10Qs back on 9/25. Should we have had a confirmation of receipt of our answers? We have heard nothing further...

Thanks,
                Bob

Comment

Email them back and make sure they got them. Some have apparently gotten lost in space.
                  Brian P. Vickers
                  www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                  Emergency Services Consulting
                  Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                  Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Originally posted by CordovaFire
                    Brian, Diane C - Any word on how many for Alabama this week?
                    From yesterday:

Since you're new, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I used to work for a PA Congressman so I am on the list for PA only. I still get the e-mails since I am being forwarded e-mail and because the DHS folks haven't taken me off the list.

For the others...I don't want to acknowledge who gets awards because it's not my place to do so. Either your Congressman/woman or Senator lets you know or you find out Friday. You've waited this long, you can wait two more days. Sorry!
                    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
                    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

I had contacted my congrassman's ofice 2 weeks ago (Ron Kind Dem 3rd district/Wisconsin) wondering why he hasnt made any phone calls, announced, or even acknowledged those in his district. His district recieved 8 of the 31 grants in the state totlaling almost 1.8 million of the over 2.5 million of the grant money (3 vehicle awads) for Wisconsin. A representative from his office contacted me a couple days later blowing smoke up my wa-zoo saying how proud Mr. Kind was of all those who had recieved a grant and "those of us in the trenches" needed to get the recognition that they had deserved and would aknowledge those, and congratulate them on his web site.

To make a long story short nothing has been done yet, and just like any politician, he is full of crap!!!! Republican or Demacrat; this was the year that independents could have ruled I believe!!! All they are is a bunch of monkeys at the zoo flinging poo at each other...

This message was paid for by those who give a #$%&!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Not2L84U2
                        So you think Round 2 (of AFG ) will consist of all those who received 1199A on 9/27 or are there some left from the first round of 1199A (I think on 9/11) that have yet to be awarded?
                        Sorry was off the meds again...it was the 10Q's that we received on 9/27 not the 1199A. I think that came around 9/15 or so much like everyone else.

Comment

Thanks Brian and Diane, Was only interested in the number of grants not the who. Congrats to all the new grant awardees this week!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by CordovaFire; 10-26-2006, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Waiting for Round 3

Just talked with my Maryland Senator Rep. No Awards for Maryland this round.

FYI - 1199 on 9/12, 10 Q's on 9/25, Grant Reduced 10/4. Still nothing.

Comment

Doesn't look like any for Oklahoma either, according to Inhofe's office.

Comment

According to a NY congressman's office no notifications have been sent out for NY this week.

However a local EMS agency I wrote for just got their 1199a reference award #.

I feel like the peasents when Marie said, let them eat cake, but cake tastes good too.
                                Always confident, ever vigilant.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X