Essay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essay

Ok, I know this isn’t the right forum but I need some help with an essay. In my medic class I have to do an essay on: are systems in which fire and ems are integrated more beneficial than stand alone entities. I CAN’T FIND ANYTHING ON THE NET, if anybody could give me some help with locating web sites, journals or references. Thanks guys

Try searching the National Fire Academy Learning Resource Center (LRC) http://www.lrc.fema.gov/index.html. Do a search of EFO papers, you might find some one that has completed a project on that topic (the same thing can be done for journals, articles etc.).
    Last edited by onebugle; 10-23-2006, 07:45 PM.

Comment

If you dig around some of the other forums you may find some more info or links, I know it's been discussed before.

My own experience says it depends on the type of department. If both are properly staffed and you don't have to rob Peter to pay Paul in terms of moving people around as calls come in, then there shouldn't be an issue. When staffing is too low and you have 3 EMT/FFs on and they either take the engine or ambulance depending on which call comes in next, that's just asking for failure on the 2nd call. Once call volume gets to the point that there are constantly 2 calls running at once you either need to staff up or split. As two organizations it is easier to ramp up because politicians can't insist that the same people can perform two jobs at the same time, since "all they are doing is waiting around anyway", or other such deep and informed statements.

But in terms of insurance, communications, stations, and things like that sometimes it is easier to have them combined. There are successful examples of both out there. All have bugs, but those that work it better have found and worked to eliminate them.
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse