Where Is Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Is Round 2

Has Anyone Seen The Round 2 Fireact Grants? I Thought They Did Them At 9pm Eastern Time On Fridays.
    YOU ONLY NEED TO BE STUPID ONCE TO BE DEAD FOREVER!

did you really think the feds would keep there word? Hell no.

Comment

There are no AFG grants this week.

Comment

18,000+ other departments are asking the same question. Only a couple of people "in the know" seem to know that the feds skipped this week for the budget year cleanup. Just another secret.
        P.S. I read this on another thread and am like you, in the dark and still waiting.

Comment

Past history has the AFG not awarding on weeks with a Holiday in them.

Comment

Rec call from FEMA today

Rec call from FEMA, we received our grant but they had to reduce our award based on the following. They only allow a cap of $35000 for air compressor and $5000 for each airpack. But I was told that we received our grant!!!
            YEE HAW

Comment

Is It Just Me? Or Is This A Bunch Of Bull [email protected]#$%^t!!!!!!

Comment

Clarification on FEMA call

Originally posted by NHFDCar1
                Rec call from FEMA, we received our grant but they had to reduce our award based on the following. They only allow a cap of $35000 for air compressor and $5000 for each airpack. But I was told that we received our grant!!!
                YEE HAW
                Just to clarify and not cause any panic. The FEMA rep that called me could not tell me which round we will get the award it might be Round 2 which is NEXT week. Guys don't get upset, Brian has already told people that this week is the fiscal year changeover and no awards will be announced.

Comment

Originally posted by RAMFIRE42
                  Is It Just Me? Or Is This A Bunch Of Bull [email protected]#$%^t!!!!!!
                  Yep, it's you. Most of us are just happy to have the program, remembering
                  the days not too long ago when there was nothing.

Take a breath, calm down, and remember, good things come to those who
                  wait....

Comment

Let me temper this just a bit.

The grants will come. No doubt about it. We have been trying to
                    get a truck for 4 or 5 years now, it finally came. So what if it takes
                    another week to be announced?

If you want to get upset about things, pick something good.

North Korea with "the" bomb. That is scary, and upsetting.

My grandbaby called me this morning, she got 4 shots for school. That
                    really upset her.

My mainline business truck has a leak in the fuel system, and no
                    parts available until Monday, and it is supposed to be on the road
                    Saturday PM. That is kind of upsetting.

Another week for an announcement? No big deal....

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301
                      Yep, it's you. Most of us are just happy to have the program, remembering
                      the days not too long ago when there was nothing.

Take a breath, calm down, and remember, good things come to those who
                      wait....

Gotta agree..... I'm pretty thankful that last week over 800 departments got funding to make them better and safer. I don't really care how long it took, any red tape or anything else... the fact is that millions of dollars were put into the fire service last week alone. As a matter of fact, if all other funding for the remainder of this year was suddenly cut off, I think I'd still call it a success, because something is better than nothing.

Remember a grant is a grant...not an entitlement.

Comment

Calming Down!!!!

Sorrry To All. I Just Don't Understand Why Everything Seems To Be A Secret. Yes I've Been There When There Was No Money At All. However I Feel That We All Deserve To Be Better Informed.

Comment

Ramfire 42

You shouldn’t have to apologize for speaking the truth and, yes, I agree clearer information would help the process and make those departments waiting feel better (however, please don’t hold your breathe until it does). The wait and stress has been ridiculous this year.

Example – last week the very announcement from DHS stated the first round of grants had been issued and awards would continue “every week” through the remainder of 06 until some 5000 awards were announced. Then they skip the very next week for fiscal year clear up? This may be the truth and needed to continue the process.

But…..they knew that when they said “every week”. If you look back to last year they skipped two weeks in October and in 04 they skipped four weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by RAMFIRE42
                            Sorrry To All. I Just Don't Understand Why Everything Seems To Be A Secret. Yes I've Been There When There Was No Money At All. However I Feel That We All Deserve To Be Better Informed.
                            No need to apologize, we just don't want you on the heart attack list. Stress is a killer!

What happens, happens. I know it is not easy to accept that, it
                            has taken me 46 years to figure it out.

Is the FEMA program perfect? Nope. Nothing is. (Except aforementioned
                            grand daughter) Do we want it to get better? Sure do.

Comment

Thank god fema isnt a bunch of grant writers, that way we can get our grants for t-shirts past them!!! LOL LVFD

Obviously they didnt have anyone proof their post. Let that be a lesson boys and girls; have someone proof read your grant!!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X