Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Johns?

Have any Dear Johns been sent yet?

Probably not. they probably won't go out for some time.

Comment

They usually let 2-3 rounds of good news out before they let the other shoe drop!
      Kurt Bradley
      Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
      " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Hate to admit it

Originally posted by CAFD02
        Have any Dear Johns been sent yet?

What is " Dear Johns" ?
        never heard that before!!

Thanks
        John

Comment

Originally posted by ff4christjd
          What is " Dear Johns" ?
          never heard that before!!

Thanks
          John
          A Dear John, as in

Dear John,
          We are not funding your grant this year!

Otherwise known as a rejection notice. No DJs have gone out yet. Probably won't till 3 or 4 round.
          Kurt Bradley

Comment

By the time the third or fourth round is given out it may be December.

Just kidding, I know that they are closing out a fiscal year.

Still does not change the fact that I am a very impatient person, especially when someone is going to give our department something.

Comment

Considering we are well over 4 months past the projected starting of awards you would think the communication would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by mjollnir
                Considering we are well over 4 months past the projected starting of awards you would think the communication would be better.
                Problem there is " whoever said the governement thinks about anything?"
                Kurt Bradley

Comment

MA Fire Department denied

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...Id=46&id=52129

Ok... I have tried to post this multiple times now... Seems it is very
                  tough to start a new thread, so this looked close enough to tie to.

What are your thoughts folks?

FEMA in the past has (as we all know) sent very sketchy
                  details about why grants have been dis-allowed. Did something
                  new happen, or is this just a political ploy, however well meaning,
                  to change the funding for the Fire Department?

Comment

I got the feed before the article was posted and thought they were full of it on their reasoning, Unless they have some kind of bat phone to get in touch with the Commissioner they're speculating on why they were denied by the computer. Or paraphrasing some guesses on someone's part at DHS. No one gave them exact answers, that's for sure.

But based on the info in the article I'd probably speculate the same thing. At least the town is getting of their butt and doing the right thing, since they appear to have money laying around to spend on the FD. Not that we ever get the straight story from the local media outlets, but if that is the case then they definitely aren't the type that needs outside funding like so many others that are receiving awards, and rightly so.
                    Brian P. Vickers
                    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                    Emergency Services Consulting
                    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Dear John

We are sorry to inform you...bla bla bla.Opened afg grant support this morning and kaboom no money for you. I t was a long shot asked for air bags, cribbing and rescue struts. Let the wailing and knashing of teeth begin.

Comment

2nd round?

Originally posted by hffd23m2
                        We are sorry to inform you...bla bla bla.Opened afg grant support this morning and kaboom no money for you. I t was a long shot asked for air bags, cribbing and rescue struts. Let the wailing and knashing of teeth begin.
                        Is this a second round of Dear Johns or was this dated from a couple of weeks ago?

Comment

It also kind of goes to the addage of " lack of a budget, in and of itself, does not create financail need". It would appear to me, from what I read, that there was no financial need indicated. I am reading that no one has even pushed for an increase in fire tax at all, yet clearly $400k value homes would be capable of generating the required revenue for these purchases, especailly over the last 10 years. It sounds like that department has not bought a thing for ten years. Of course none of us has the applciation to see exactly what other dynamics were in play but,a computer rejection was certain for them based upon this.
                          Kurt Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by huck3040
                            Is this a second round of Dear Johns or was this dated from a couple of weeks ago?
                            Ditto on this question! Has another round of DJs begun? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief310
                              Ditto on this question! Has another round of DJs begun? Inquiring minds want to know.
                              I'm thinking he just recently checked and it was dated 11/14/06.
                              Kurt Bradley

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse