• 2006 Awards posted....

http://www.firegrantsupport.com/afg/awards/06/

Congrats all!
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

293 Vehicle awards - $52,161,285 (50 for the state of Alabama)
    567 Ops & Safety - $39,723,142

So roughly half of the vehicle $$ have been awarded. About 10-12% of the Ops & Safety.

More nerd information later, I have to refill the coffee cup.
    Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Did anyone elses period of performance start on 9/29/06 ?

Comment

Originally posted by k3twpfire
        Did anyone elses period of performance start on 9/29/06 ?
        Our's did.

Comment

We did not make the first round.
          Had 1199A for 2 months and 10 questions for about 3 weeks now but we are not in the first round.
          Well lets hope for round 2 next week.

Comment

859 awards, and almost 92,000,000... We also have the udated 1199a and 10q's...NO FIRST ROUND!!!! What are they trying to do to me!!!! Fingers can't handle the clicking anymore (pulls the last hair out of head).

Comment

They released about 2-3 rounds worth of pre-award notifications, so some may not show up for two weeks. Don't worry I won't say anything about patience being a virtue, I hate waiting too and I come close to beating people that say that to me.
              Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Brian, if you start on the patience thing...I'll have to call you out on the false advertising if you wear the shirt you said you want!!! (on the other thread!!!!)

I have no intelligent conversation to add...maybe some of my brain cells will start to regenerate after they quit teasing with this 10Q's and no award crap!!!

Comment

FYI.... Here's the Round 1 press release....

AMERICA'S FIREFIGHTERS TO RECEIVE $485 MILLION IN GRANTS DHS Funds Will Enhance First Responders' Ability to Respond to Emergencies and Protect the American Public

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced today $91.8 million in direct assistance grants to 860 fire departments and first responder organizations through the department's Fiscal Year (FY) 2006 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) program. Additional phases will soon be announced that will total $485 million in FY06 AFG awards to nearly 5,000 fire-related organizations nationwide.

Since 2001, the AFG has provided $2.4 billion in grants to fire departments and first responder organizations for response equipment, personal protective equipment, vehicles, and fire prevention activities. DHS received more than 18,000 applications for nearly $2.5 billion in grant requests in FY06.

"Firefighters are among those on the front lines of our homeland security," said Under Secretary for Preparedness George Foresman. "This program gets critically important resources for equipment and training to America's first responders and supports their continued service to our country."

The AFG program awards grants to firefighters, emergency response personnel and first responders throughout the nation to enhance response capabilities and to more effectively protect the health and safety of first responders and the citizens in their communities. AFG grants provide resources for training, first responder health and safety programs, and response equipment and vehicles.

The AFG is administered by the department's Directorate for Preparedness through its Office of Grants and Training, in cooperation with the United States Fire Administration, also within the Preparedness Directorate.

To view the latest round of AFG award annoucements, please visit: http://www.firegrantsupport.com/awards

Comment

Our POP is 29 Sept

Comment

860 awards...hmmmm....just a tad shy of the 2500 that was predicted. Oh well, at least the awards have started. We have about 4200 more chances to recieve one. Good luck everyone and congratulations to the Round 1 winners.

Comment

Our performance period also started on 9/29.

Comment

Missing in the West

Help somebody Find Us!! Apparently the Western US dropped into a sinkhole!

New Mexico- 4 awards
                          Arizona- 3 awards
                          Idaho- 3 awards
                          Utah- 1 award
                          Nevada- 1 award

Congrats to all of those who got awards, now please get into your new trucks and come find us!!!

This message brought to you by a slightly disgruntled Mongo who is standing on the curb watching all the new equipment go by in the parade.

Comment

We've been trying to get a tanker for 3 years now and we were awarded this time!! Congrats to everyone else that got through.

Also I noticed on the state breakdown that Alabama was leading in $$'s awarded... at least we are first in something

ok I am off my excitement high now.
                            Warrior River Fire and Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Scothew
                              We've been trying to get a tanker for 3 years now and we were awarded this time!! Congrats to everyone else that got through.

Also I noticed on the state breakdown that Alabama was leading in $$'s awarded... at least we are first in something
                              Scott, maybe we're leading because we're all trying to replace those old mid-1970 model Forestry Commission tankers. You probably know them:

Top speed a blistering 45 mph
                              Ultra-modern manual three speed on the floor tranny
                              Driver's side only lap belt
                              Completely unbaffeled tank
                              A two sided hood that split in the middle and hinged upwards. The hood is my favorite feature. They won't stay latched so when you go down a rough road the two sides flap like Dumbo's ears. Very entertaining for the kiddies!

At least that's what we're replacing thanks to our award! Congrats on your tanker too!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X