FP&S Applications Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FP&S Applications Open

I was doing my hourly check to see if the "Manage Grant" link was there yet when I noticed the new link at the bottom of the page to start a 2006 FP&S application.

Let the NEW games begin....

Originally posted by SVFD732
    I was doing my hourly check to see if the "Manage Grant" link was there yet when I noticed the new link at the bottom of the page to start a 2006 FP&S application.

Let the NEW games begin....
    Kind of hard to start a new application if they don;t even have the progrma guidance up yet though!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Not much different from AFG, 98% of the PG is the same from year to year. So projects can still be designed, data gathered, and narratives written so that all that has to be done when the guidance comes out is tweak. I'm sitting on 20 completed projects and narratives for 2007 AFG already myself.
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780
        Kind of hard to start a new application if they don;t even have the progrma guidance up yet though!
        Details, details, details !!

Comment

I cannot find such a link.

Comment

logged on filled out the first couple of pages last night, logged on this morning and the link is gone...... maybe I do spend to much time on the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780

I thought I had already posted this...

http://www.firegrantsupport.com/fps/tutorial/2006/

Comment

...but are they productive hours at the computer?

We'll try again this year for a firefighter safety project. But, now I'm thinking that the first 2006 FP&S grants will be announced in April or May. So if it's one of the later rounds, maybe mid-summer until we find out one way or another.

I guess it's no better with the Wildland Urban Interface grant program: we had 2 weeks notice for the application deadline, and then were told that they still hadn't released funds from the prior year's grants.

vfd cap'n

Comment

Get it finished quick....

Here's the link to the 2006 FP&S Guidance -

http://www.firegrantsupport.com/fps/...PSguidance.pdf

Everybody better hurry up with their apps, because like it says on page 4:

"All applications must be completed and submitted electronically, or postmarked on or before the close of business, by 5:00 p.m. EDT on October 6, 2006."

Gotta love it.

vfd cap'n

Comment

Mistake

the PG has to be an error - the applications only showed up today. this is prpbably a draft written in anticipation of a "target" release date.

Comment

New Ideas?

Can anyone give me some ideas of projects that they've tackeled with this grant? Last year we didn't apply because nobody on the department could come up with any good project ideas for some reason. I wanted to apply for an education trailer that we could use for education of school age kids as well as the elderly, but the rest of the department shot me down.
                      I'd love to get some new ideas to present to the department.

Comment

Originally posted by DellroyVFD08
                        Can anyone give me some ideas of projects that they've tackeled with this grant? Last year we didn't apply because nobody on the department could come up with any good project ideas for some reason. I wanted to apply for an education trailer that we could use for education of school age kids as well as the elderly, but the rest of the department shot me down.
                        I'd love to get some new ideas to present to the department.
                        Dellroy I have a great project for this year. Never been done before, new product, meets every priority and every FPS reviewer from this year I ran this by, said they woud have funded it. Give me a shout. Call before Sunday, I leave for NY on Monday and gone for 4 days for seminar. I'll be in offcie both days this weekend.
                        Kurt Bradley

Comment

Kurt, you have my e-mail address?? Enquiring minds want to know.
                          earl

Comment

Really. Why are we keeping this idea secret? Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301
                              Really. Why are we keeping this idea secret? Inquiring minds want to know!
                              LVFD give me a call this weekend and I'l lshare it with you. 800-992-0272 Ext 1
                              Kurt Bradley

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse