Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DianeC
    replied
    I think they really have some issues there...

Perhaps you all missed this today...

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ne...news-headlines

Tracy Henke, executive director for grants and training, was responsible for divvying up anti-terror money to cities, ostensibly based on risk.

"She didn't do a good job and my understanding is she's not going to be there much longer," Rep. Peter King, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, said yesterday.

In the meantime, unless I missed it in another post, there was a conference agreement for the FY07 Homeland Security Appropriations Bill Sept. 25th and highlights include:

$547 million appropriated for AFG for 2007
    $115 million appropriated for SAFER for 2007

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    I think all of the Q's are out for what is to be Round 1, but sure doesn't seem like it will be 2500 awards. At least all of the 1199As I know of have gotten their Q's, so we at least have a match there.

I would expect more 1199As next week since once they announce Round 1 they'll need some ammo to fire off Round 2. Here's hoping anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Culpster
    replied
    SAFER round 2?????? havent even seen anymore 1199's/10q's updatd yet on that. Only 9.5 mil in first round, that means 100 mil still left. It would be nice to have a little better communication from DHS on what is going on. NIMS states that we should have a PIO in this case doesnt it??? Isnt this considered a lorge incident????

Plus, I thought that FPS was to come out soon (they said 2 months ago)??? I know they are busy but geeeezzzsh!!!! I still see AFG being announced the 6th, they still have a lot of 10q's to get out for round 1.

Keep the money in the bank to pay for the war!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by BC79er
    At this point looking at Oct 9th at the earliest for FP since the PG isn't out yet.

And had us going there, you had us thinking AFG 2006 Round 1, not 2005 Supplemental with SAFER R2. So I guess AFG R1 is still Oct 6th.
    Oh good, I suspected it was the final round of 05 supplemental awards, not the first one of 06 AFG. Good ( for me that is) that means I can leave to go deer hunting as I planned and won't have to have a phone buried in my ear for the next 48 hours. Hang in there folks it is almost here, The Eagle is circling in for a landing pretty quick. DianeC, you almost gave me heart failure darling! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    At this point looking at Oct 9th at the earliest for FP since the PG isn't out yet.

And had us going there, you had us thinking AFG 2006 Round 1, not 2005 Supplemental with SAFER R2. So I guess AFG R1 is still Oct 6th.

Leave a comment:

• DianeC
    replied
    Originally posted by DellroyVFD08
    has anyone seen anything leading them to think it might be this week? Nothing on Dewine's website yet.
    I got PA's notification on Wednesday because I used to work for a Congressman (technically I'm still on payroll until the 30th) and my e-mails are being forwarded to me.

The state got two SAFER grants for Round 2 (2006), and three AFG's for Round 25 (2005).

And on that note, does anyone know when the Fire Prevention App period is open??

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Brian's pretty much right, but it's at the discretion of the Congressional office. Of those who do make calls, it will generally be to the lead contact. In our case, i'm in regular contact with his grants liason, so even though i'm listed as second alternate in the profile it's usually my phone that rings. Hasn't rung yet today though.

For our CEDAP award, the grants liason got to call us--which was pretty cool for her to get to do since she does a lot of the front end work and rarely gets to be the bearer of good news!! For fire departments in the 2nd Congressional District of Indiana, Amy Eizinger (grant liason) is a great advocate!!

earl

Leave a comment:

• DellroyVFD08
    replied
    Originally posted by BC79er
    If the Congressfolk make phone calls it will probably be to the Profile person. Most don't make the phone calls at all, just issue press releases on their web sites and to the media.
    has anyone seen anything leading them to think it might be this week? Nothing on Dewine's website yet.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    If the Congressfolk make phone calls it will probably be to the Profile person. Most don't make the phone calls at all, just issue press releases on their web sites and to the media.

Leave a comment:

• ksmith31
    replied
    ??

So, how does this work? Will they call the person listed in the profile or will they call the firehouse looking for someone? I know, stupid question but everyone talking about "the phone call" and I don't know who I should be pesterring to see if our phone has rung. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• k3twpfire
    replied
    Any idea on how many awards?

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    They still should have a Press Release form on the firegrantsupport.com. If not with the 2005/6 section then if you go look at the older awards (2003) that are on the USFA site not DHS, then there still should be the template from 2003.

Or wander over to Senator Dewine's site and copy and paste their Press Release, they're using the DHS template. Just remember to change the names & locations.

And BTW, this is the only time that I allow anyone to copy and paste something from another department.

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Thanks Diane!! I figured you had a better source than most of us when i saw your post yesterday. Our phone hasn't rung yet, and no press release from the Senator, but the day is young!!

earl (left hand poised on the phone, right hand surfing for press releases!!)

Leave a comment:

• DianeC
    replied
    Originally posted by LVFD301
    SAFER was already announced officially, on the 22nd.

September 22, 2006
    Awards for 2006 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) Grants Announced
    The U.S. Department of Homeland Security today announced awards for the Fiscal Year 2006 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response Grant (SAFER) awarding 28 grants to fire departments throughout the United States.
    Yes, I know -- this is round 2. Sometimes there are LONG breaks between announcements, but I still have the inside scoop on the Wednesday announcements that go to House/Senate staffers that's why I posted this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Originally posted by og1414
    Nobody from my dept. knows how to find grants. We get 833 money, forestry money, and another one or two small grants. These are pretty much the grants that they hand out. However, we really need some high dollar grants so that we can afford a cascade system, a safer tanker, and eventually the jaws of life. I know that you guys are competing for these grants too, but if you can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Every time I look on the Internet all I find is info about old grants that are long gone. So, I would be thankful for some good advice.
    Try here too:
    http://www.chiefsupply.com/grants/
    Kurt's a frequent contributor here. Yes, we all compete--but everybody here is willing to help.
    earl

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X