No announcement yet.

More grants this week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian's pretty much right, but it's at the discretion of the Congressional office. Of those who do make calls, it will generally be to the lead contact. In our case, i'm in regular contact with his grants liason, so even though i'm listed as second alternate in the profile it's usually my phone that rings. Hasn't rung yet today though.

For our CEDAP award, the grants liason got to call us--which was pretty cool for her to get to do since she does a lot of the front end work and rarely gets to be the bearer of good news!! For fire departments in the 2nd Congressional District of Indiana, Amy Eizinger (grant liason) is a great advocate!!

earl

Comment

Originally posted by DellroyVFD08
      has anyone seen anything leading them to think it might be this week? Nothing on Dewine's website yet.
      I got PA's notification on Wednesday because I used to work for a Congressman (technically I'm still on payroll until the 30th) and my e-mails are being forwarded to me.

The state got two SAFER grants for Round 2 (2006), and three AFG's for Round 25 (2005).

And on that note, does anyone know when the Fire Prevention App period is open??
      "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
      -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

At this point looking at Oct 9th at the earliest for FP since the PG isn't out yet.

And had us going there, you had us thinking AFG 2006 Round 1, not 2005 Supplemental with SAFER R2. So I guess AFG R1 is still Oct 6th.
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.vickersconsultingservices.com
        Emergency Services Consulting
        Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
        Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er
          At this point looking at Oct 9th at the earliest for FP since the PG isn't out yet.

And had us going there, you had us thinking AFG 2006 Round 1, not 2005 Supplemental with SAFER R2. So I guess AFG R1 is still Oct 6th.
          Oh good, I suspected it was the final round of 05 supplemental awards, not the first one of 06 AFG. Good ( for me that is) that means I can leave to go deer hunting as I planned and won't have to have a phone buried in my ear for the next 48 hours. Hang in there folks it is almost here, The Eagle is circling in for a landing pretty quick. DianeC, you almost gave me heart failure darling! LOL!
          Kurt Bradley
          Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
          " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

SAFER round 2?????? havent even seen anymore 1199's/10q's updatd yet on that. Only 9.5 mil in first round, that means 100 mil still left. It would be nice to have a little better communication from DHS on what is going on. NIMS states that we should have a PIO in this case doesnt it??? Isnt this considered a lorge incident????

Plus, I thought that FPS was to come out soon (they said 2 months ago)??? I know they are busy but geeeezzzsh!!!! I still see AFG being announced the 6th, they still have a lot of 10q's to get out for round 1.

Keep the money in the bank to pay for the war!!!!!!

Comment

I think all of the Q's are out for what is to be Round 1, but sure doesn't seem like it will be 2500 awards. At least all of the 1199As I know of have gotten their Q's, so we at least have a match there.

I would expect more 1199As next week since once they announce Round 1 they'll need some ammo to fire off Round 2. Here's hoping anyway.
              Brian P. Vickers
              www.vickersconsultingservices.com
              Emergency Services Consulting
              Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
              Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

I think they really have some issues there...

Perhaps you all missed this today...

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ne...news-headlines

Tracy Henke, executive director for grants and training, was responsible for divvying up anti-terror money to cities, ostensibly based on risk.

"She didn't do a good job and my understanding is she's not going to be there much longer," Rep. Peter King, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, said yesterday.

In the meantime, unless I missed it in another post, there was a conference agreement for the FY07 Homeland Security Appropriations Bill Sept. 25th and highlights include:

$547 million appropriated for AFG for 2007
                $115 million appropriated for SAFER for 2007
                "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
                -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X