More grants this week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More grants this week...

SAFER and AFG to be officially announced Friday. Good luck!
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Hey, you're supposed to be working a new job, not keeping up with the old.

On on that note people don't forget to follow guidelines in ordering items and requesting the funds to be transferred.

Congrats to everyone that is being announced this week, and hang in there everyone else!

- Brian
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

grant info

Nobody from my dept. knows how to find grants. We get 833 money, forestry money, and another one or two small grants. These are pretty much the grants that they hand out. However, we really need some high dollar grants so that we can afford a cascade system, a safer tanker, and eventually the jaws of life. I know that you guys are competing for these grants too, but if you can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Every time I look on the Internet all I find is info about old grants that are long gone. So, I would be thankful for some good advice.

Comment

A place to start is to sign up for e-mail alerts from AFG

https://www.firegrantsupport.com/New...subscribe.aspx
        Last edited by FFDFFD; 09-28-2006, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DianeC
          SAFER and AFG to be officially announced Friday. Good luck!

SAFER was already announced officially, on the 22nd.

September 22, 2006
          Awards for 2006 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) Grants Announced
          The U.S. Department of Homeland Security today announced awards for the Fiscal Year 2006 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response Grant (SAFER) awarding 28 grants to fire departments throughout the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by og1414
            Nobody from my dept. knows how to find grants. We get 833 money, forestry money, and another one or two small grants. These are grants that are long gone. So, I would be thankful for some good advice.

Where in Arkansas are you? As someone has already posted, the AFG
            mailing list is a great spot, as well as right here.

Comment

We may all be competing for these grants but you will find that in here everyone is helping each other. We are all in this together and without everyones help it might not be possible for some depts. to get anything. I received a great deal of help here and you will too.

Comment

Originally posted by og1414
                Nobody from my dept. knows how to find grants. We get 833 money, forestry money, and another one or two small grants. These are pretty much the grants that they hand out. However, we really need some high dollar grants so that we can afford a cascade system, a safer tanker, and eventually the jaws of life. I know that you guys are competing for these grants too, but if you can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Every time I look on the Internet all I find is info about old grants that are long gone. So, I would be thankful for some good advice.
                Try here too:
                http://www.chiefsupply.com/grants/
                Kurt's a frequent contributor here. Yes, we all compete--but everybody here is willing to help.
                earl

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301
                  SAFER was already announced officially, on the 22nd.

September 22, 2006
                  Awards for 2006 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) Grants Announced
                  The U.S. Department of Homeland Security today announced awards for the Fiscal Year 2006 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response Grant (SAFER) awarding 28 grants to fire departments throughout the United States.
                  Yes, I know -- this is round 2. Sometimes there are LONG breaks between announcements, but I still have the inside scoop on the Wednesday announcements that go to House/Senate staffers that's why I posted this thread.
                  "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
                  -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

Thanks Diane!! I figured you had a better source than most of us when i saw your post yesterday. Our phone hasn't rung yet, and no press release from the Senator, but the day is young!!

earl (left hand poised on the phone, right hand surfing for press releases!!)

Comment

They still should have a Press Release form on the firegrantsupport.com. If not with the 2005/6 section then if you go look at the older awards (2003) that are on the USFA site not DHS, then there still should be the template from 2003.

Or wander over to Senator Dewine's site and copy and paste their Press Release, they're using the DHS template. Just remember to change the names & locations.

And BTW, this is the only time that I allow anyone to copy and paste something from another department.
                      Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Any idea on how many awards?

Comment

??

So, how does this work? Will they call the person listed in the profile or will they call the firehouse looking for someone? I know, stupid question but everyone talking about "the phone call" and I don't know who I should be pesterring to see if our phone has rung. Thanks!

Comment

If the Congressfolk make phone calls it will probably be to the Profile person. Most don't make the phone calls at all, just issue press releases on their web sites and to the media.
                            Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er
                              If the Congressfolk make phone calls it will probably be to the Profile person. Most don't make the phone calls at all, just issue press releases on their web sites and to the media.
                              has anyone seen anything leading them to think it might be this week? Nothing on Dewine's website yet.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X