Second Round of 1199s and 10?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Round of 1199s and 10?s

Can we use this post as away for the not as lucky as some to keep everyone up to date on when the second wave of pre-award notices come out. I take it there has not been any new 1199s since the week of 9/11...

I wish we knew about an upcoming "wave!" I'm in the same boat as you, but apparantly some 1199s have been trickling in since the original batch.

Comment

Very few have, but odds are they were leftovers from the first round.

We should see it either this week or next, depending on which Friday they start awarding. Round 1 is supposed to be all 2500 that were notified already and have returned their obligations, but I'm sure there are some stragglers. So the Round 2 folks will need to be put into the on deck circle in order to keep the train moving.
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

I know it was brought up earlier before rewards started in another thread and I can't find it for some reason but what was said about getting an information update message whenever logging in to check on our grant status?
        we got one way before grants started and had another one today? like I said I know brian, kurt or someone else answered when it was asked before and I can't remember what was said.

Comment

The profile updates have nothing to do with whether you are getting a grant. They show up at scheduled intervals automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by k3twpfire
            The profile updates have nothing to do with whether you are getting a grant. They show up at scheduled intervals automatically.
            Though seemingly at random. We probably get one less than every 12 months, while one of our neighboring depts seems to get one every 3 our 4 months. I've wondered if the software allows less frequent requests for more frequent visitors. We (okay--I) log in at least weekly even during the off-season.

Yes Kurt, i know--there is no off-season in this bidniss!!

earl (wish i got airline miles or hotel points for logging in!!)

Comment

Not sur if this is the start of it or not but a client found his 1199A update this morning. Said he had been in their last week and it was not there so maybe they are getting started on round two. Start checking again folks.
              Kurt Bradley
              Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
              " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Let the games begin....
                Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Gentlemen - Start your keyboards!!

Comment

We need at least one other department to verify that they have recived a NEW 1199a as of TODAY, before we start the engines and wave the green flag folks! Anybody else get one yet today?
                    Kurt Bradley
                    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Can't confirm only deny.

Comment

1199A Updates

Hey guys. I receive an email last night telling me to go to the status page and update my 1199A. That's good, but one thing. I had already done that and got a confirmation back that everything had been updated. I called the AFG help desk this morning to make sure everything was okay and the gentleman told me that a "blanket email" had went out even to those who had already updated their 1199A's. He assured that if you had a confirmation on your updated 1199A link that no further action was needed. So.....there was some correspondence sent via email last night (9/26).

Comment

Everyone that already submitted their 1199A and it was accepted will have a View 1199A link where the Update 1199A link was. So most can ignore the email.

For those that haven't submitted their 1199A that has to be done before the question email comes or they officially award you. So you're just holding up your money if you don't get a move on. Or giving it away as some departments have done by not responding...
                          Brian P. Vickers

Comment

I got the questions but havn't gotten a link to the 1199A yet.

Question, our company was awarded a grant in 2004. I assume we are going to have to fill out and verify our 1199A again, or will they just use the old one ?

Thanks

Jim

PS -- got the 1199A for a different company I wrote for last night (9/26/06). Woo Hoo my first sucessfull fire engine grant.

Comment

They will use the old one, as long as you do not have to make any changes to the info.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X