Please explain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please explain

O.K so we got our grant submitted, got our 10q's, got our 1199a updated, submitted and email recieved that it is in their system, Do I just have to wait now? I know it may be a dumb question but this is only our second attempt for a grant...the first was immediate no. Thanks for helping out a newbie to the grant world.

It's again a waiting game for the announcement. Sit back and twiddle your thumbs to pass the slooooow and agonizing time waiting for the award letter. Good luck.

Comment

Dang it I was afraid you would say that. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

If you've already done all of that, I'd be surprised if you're not in the first round of awards, purportedly scheduled for 10/6.

My experience has been that there can be a significant gap between 1199a and 10q's, but once you've gotten both it is not very long.
        “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
        ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by EastKyFF
          If you've already done all of that, I'd be surprised if you're not in the first round of awards, purportedly scheduled for 10/6.

My experience has been that there can be a significant gap between 1199a and 10q's, but once you've gotten both it is not very long.
          Or maybe 9-29. Better keep checking often!! Oh, and while you're waiting, drift on over to the Official "I'm Freaking Out..Checkin Every Day" thread to see if you are ready for membership. We're here to help, and the first step is for you to admit that you check too often.

earl (Unofficial Group Home Leader and Host of the above thread)

Comment

Originally posted by Greenacres2
            Or maybe 9-29. Better keep checking often!! Oh, and while you're waiting, drift on over to the Official "I'm Freaking Out..Checkin Every Day" thread to see if you are ready for membership. We're here to help, and the first step is for you to admit that you check too often.

earl (Unofficial Group Home Leader and Host of the above thread)
            I was wondering if we could find a grant for "recruitment & retention" for your thread!

Comment

Originally posted by k3twpfire
              I was wondering if we could find a grant for "recruitment & retention" for your thread!
              A few fine points...
              1. It's really AFD2181's thread, i just got volunteered for admin duties.
              ...and...
              B. If we incorporate as a 501(c)3 the possibilities are limitless. Much more funding flexibility than being a quasi-governmental agency.

earl (dusting off my resume in case the exec director gets a salary...)

Comment

Yeah but we don't want anyone Retained in the Checking thread, we want everyone to move into the Celebration Thread.
                Brian P. Vickers
                www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                Emergency Services Consulting
                Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Originally posted by firechap
                  O.K so we got our grant submitted, got our 10q's, got our 1199a updated, submitted and email recieved that it is in their system, Do I just have to wait now? I know it may be a dumb question but this is only our second attempt for a grant...the first was immediate no. Thanks for helping out a newbie to the grant world.
                  I am in the same boat, Brother, and it sure is agonizing. Our 1199 (9/20...had to do it twice) and 10q (9/8) have been submitted, and now we sit and wait....

Argghhhhh
                  Kevin Lubinsky
                  Captain
                  West Shore Bureau of Fire
                  Cumberland County PA

FTM-PTB-EGH

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola