• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rescue

USDA helped us out on this one

http://www.firetruckswest.com/FarmingtonFPD.htm

Comment

Originally posted by caffder View Post
      That is one sharp looking truck. Is it a quick attack style pumper/rescue??

T.J.

Comment

afg 2005 grant helped us with this purchase
        Attached Files
        Randy Meyer Chief S.T.F.P.D.

Comment

Our 2006 AFG award....the truck not the chopper!!

earl
          Attached Files

Comment

Greenacres2 do you have any specs on this unit ? Who built it ?

N.S.

Comment

chiefmeyer301, very nice truck would love to try and get one like yours. Can you give me any help with the narrative, would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by caffder View Post
                caffder,
                was this a rural development grant? I'd be interested in finding out more about what USDA grant opportunity this originated from.
                Thanks in advance

Comment

To anyone in this thread:

Have you submitted your success story to DHS? I filled out the form and submitted photos and a story several months ago but nothing was ever posted on the FireGrantSupport.com site. I know that the folks in DC are busy (and I'd much rather them concentrate on pumping out new awards to those in need), but I'm curious if they just don't post them anymore or whatever.

I wanted to put the story up there just to show more and more need for our grants which might catch a political eye!

Comment

Originally posted by hinesfire View Post
                    caffder,
                    was this a rural development grant? I'd be interested in finding out more about what USDA grant opportunity this originated from.
                    Thanks in advance
                    This 2007 rescue truck built on a chevorlet 5500 4x4 cost us about $150,000. We were awarded $60,000 from USDA rural development. Every county in the nation has a USDA office. Ask for the rural development person. They make loans and give out grants. It was an easy grant because the USDA person did all the work by filling out the forms. Public saftey has priority in the program. They also give grants for police cars and low intrest loans for public buildings. Hope this helps, good luck
                    http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/rhs/cf/cp.htm
                    Last edited by caffder; 01-14-2008, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eng645 View Post
                      Greenacres2 do you have any specs on this unit ? Who built it ?

N.S.
                      Built by Weis in Salina, KS. http://www.weisfiresafety.com/index.htm. It's basically their Quick attack 500, but we got one of the last old-emission diesels available. F-550 chassis, 4WD, 500 gallons water, 10 gal foam. Diesel pump, 2 whip lines. We had them put a storage compartment under the skid, long enough for hard suction (9' sections) and long handled tools.

Big for a brush truck, but most of our vegetation fires are cultivated crop or relatively open field. We saw a demo unit at FDIC a few years ago and really liked the crosswalk with the full-length in-swing doors--no more tail board. I could e-mail the full spec if you want, but i think they have it on their web site.

earl

Comment

Hey Earl, Nice to see you posting. Hope those winds the other day or that snow didn't keep you all too busy.

Comment

The department has been steady, but from late October to about now is busy for me at work. Started working on my biggest account this week for an April 1 renewal of their contract, but they don't want me to shop for them this year. All i have to do is focus on making sure we get the best value where we currently have them. That's a goooood feeling.

Weis' price was about $112,000 as it sits. Basically their "Quick Attack 500" with a few add-ons.

earl
                          Last edited by Greenacres2; 01-16-2008, 08:15 PM. Reason: Added thread content

Comment

tomcook18; send me a e-mail and will help best i can e-mail is [email protected]
                            Last edited by chiefmeyer301; 01-17-2008, 10:45 PM. Reason: add e-mail

Comment

nice rig earl chopper look like if would fit right in

Comment

New Tanker

Just put in service Jan. 16, 2008, awarded AFG Dec. 2006.
                                2000 gal. tank, 750 pump
                                Attached Files

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...