This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What we got with our grant

2005 was good to us. So was 2002 and 2006. Here is the CAFS pumper we just put into service.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Attack6
      2005 was good to us. So was 2002 and 2006. Here is the CAFS pumper we just put into service.

Dare I ask - how much?

Comment

Here it is, pictures from about 2 weeks ago, sitting at Danko still. We will be picking up in a week or so.

IH 4400 Chassis, 2000 gallon tank, diesel booster pump.

Total cost was around $160,000

http://www.westonfire.com/images/weston42-1.jpg

http://www.westonfire.com/images/weston42-2.jpg
        Bruce Arp
        2nd Asst. Chief
        Weston Volunteer Fire & Resuce
        http://www.westonfire.com

Comment

How much

Mid $300,000 range. We had a great fundraiser which helped. The grant was $225,000. Inside the cab on the back wall is a plaque that we used to raise funds. For $100 they got a small plate on it. It went up in increments of $100, $250, $500, and $1000. Business owners were most of the big ones. The plaque measures 4 foot by 2 foot.

Comment

Attack6, I would love to see that plaque. We have thought about doing something simular for our truck. Could you send out a picture?

Comment

Plaque

Ill try to get one tonight and post tomorrow

Comment

hey dellroy..... looks to be pretty a pretty nice truck.

Comment

Here's our new truck that just got delivered Friday. 2,500 gallon, 1,750 Waterous. '06 KW chassis with a Rosenbauer body.

Now the wait is on to hear about our gear and SCBA for this year.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thats a nice looking truck! I do like the lowered rear
                    warning lights, out here in the rural world, tree monsters
                    like to try to reach out and steal those lights if they
                    are up top.

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301
                      Thats a nice looking truck! I do like the lowered rear
                      warning lights, out here in the rural world, tree monsters
                      like to try to reach out and steal those lights if they
                      are up top.
                      I think you, sir. I liked that option as well, and had the tree monsters in mind at the time. Now I just need to teach more guys to drive it.....I think.

I'll warn you while you wait on yours, the anticipation will drive you NUTS.

Comment

Nice looking truck

Originally posted by Catch22
                        Here's our new truck that just got delivered Friday. 2,500 gallon, 1,750 Waterous. '06 KW chassis with a Rosenbauer body.

Looks alot like what we have ordered - only difference was we didn't go with the top mount (lenght issue).

Central States is finally talking to us - Truck was to be delivered last week. They are starting construction and we should have the truck around the middle of January, 2007. That's almost 365 days after we signed tghe contract.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchkrat
                          Looks alot like what we have ordered - only difference was we didn't go with the top mount (lenght issue).

Central States is finally talking to us - Truck was to be delivered last week. They are starting construction and we should have the truck around the middle of January, 2007. That's almost 365 days after we signed tghe contract.
                          Sounds about par for the course. We went over the year mark by about a week or so. You'll be happy when it does finally get there, I'm sure. right now, that's really the only complaint I've had. Other than they've got the linkage of two of the discharges swapped. When you pull Discharge 1, Discharge 2 opens. Honest mistake I guess when you're messing with that many levers.

Make sure to post some pics, I wanna see them.

Comment

time frame

Same for us when we purchased our rescue pumper from them (2004 Grant), but we did know about the time frame upfront from our local dealer. The only issue we had was they had the chassis for several months and did not start on it. Once they did start they flew on it though. We have been extremely happy with it since delivery.

[IMG]
                            [/IMG]
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22

Catch 22 do you mind listing some of the general specs on your new Apparatus. And maybe the builder.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by batt403
                                Same for us when we purchased our rescue pumper from them (2004 Grant), but we did know about the time frame upfront from our local dealer. The only issue we had was they had the chassis for several months and did not start on it. Once they did start they flew on it though. We have been extremely happy with it since delivery.

[IMG]
                                [/IMG]
                                NICE RIG!
                                What's with the 3 reds under the windshield? Do they spin, flash?
                                I'm dy'in here WHAT DO THEY DO??

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X