Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jdlowndes
    replied
    ME TOO~!! I wish we could get a few other grant systems to update us like RKB does!!

Leave a comment:

• k3twpfire
    replied
    Originally posted by bukstpsear
    Maybe so, but at least they will let us know that. They are after all excellent at keeping us informed. Thanks once again RKB for keeping everybody in the loop it is greatly appreciated....
    I completely agree with that assessment of RKB, but remember the program is still being run by the feds!

Leave a comment:

• bukstpsear
    replied
    So if they say January, we are really looking at March
    Maybe so, but at least they will let us know that. They are after all excellent at keeping us informed. Thanks once again RKB for keeping everybody in the loop it is greatly appreciated....

signed,
    "The addicted to checking the forums, websites, congressional websites etc... "

Leave a comment:

• k3twpfire
    replied
    So if they say January, we are really looking at March
    Last edited by k3twpfire; 10-10-2006, 10:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    Latest posting on the RKB website on CEDAP.

Shutdown of CEDAP 2006 Application Period Completed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 9, 2006

The CEDAP 2006 application period is now complete, including all confirmations and SAA actions. On October 10th, some 7,003 applications will be forwarded to begin the review process. When the reviews are completed, the award list will be forwarded to DHS for approval and Congressional notificiation.

The current plan is to complete this process and announce the results in late January, 2007. However, this target is only an estimate - as the review progresses, please watch the Responder Knowledge Base for updates.

When the awards are announced, notification emails will be sent to all considered applicants, whether they are selected for award or not. Applicants can continue to check the status of their applications on the Responder Knowledge Base (www.rkb.mipt.org); when awards are made, notes will be placed in the status section of each application.

Finally, please note that the notifications will be made via email. Applicants should monitor their email accounts and notify the CEDAP Program Office ([email protected]) if their email address changes.

RKB Staff
    Have until January to begin checking daily/hourly/minutes/seconds for results.

Leave a comment:

• jdlowndes
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenacres2
    Man, with the streak you have going--all you need to do is wait for the call!!
    earl
    Can I get an amen????

So who is gonna start that new thread???

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Originally posted by k3twpfire
    . . . wandering off to the "When will the CEDAP III awards be announced" thread.
    Man, with the streak you have going--all you need to do is wait for the call!!
    earl

Leave a comment:

• k3twpfire
    replied
    . . . wandering off to the "When will the CEDAP III awards be announced" thread.

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    I know, all of you have an eye on the big fish, do not forget about the little fish.

As of 1700 today all applications in the confirmed or reconfirmed status are sent on for evaluation.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Yo folks, in case you have not checked your calendar yet, [B]today is the LAST day for the HOA confirmation emails to be sent back for your CEDAP grant[/B]. You better get on the stick before 5:00PM EST! You snooze, you lose!

Leave a comment:

• neiowa
    replied
    Some more fire related equipment would however be a very very good thing. IE also gets used in every day to day operations (so trained up/experienced on when the homeland security emergency hits). A lot of contingency stuff ends up in the back of a car trunk or storage trailer.

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    RKBManager,

Thanks for the follow up email on my posting. At 9 A.M. the email was tested (both directions) and worked fine. Must have been some type of glitch at the time of the original email was sent. I just got off the phone with Sindy providing her with the same update.

You folks at RKB are doing a great job. I'm impressed with the fact that you have taken the time to email to make sure everything is O.K. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    The Real Reason This Program Needs To Stay!

You know the "domestic terrorism preparedness" side of CEDAP is the principle reason this program exists, as it should be but, the real results of this program are that lives get saved everyday from this program. I recived the following email from one of my clients this AM and I think this speaks volumes for the good that this program is doing across the country.

Had it not been for this program, a life would have been lost. I am sure this is not an isolated incident; it probably occurrs daily across the US but we should not lose sight of the fact that Congressional types may not be aware of just how much good this program does do out here inthe real world on a daily basis.

Keep it up folks. What you do matters, everyday! I am proud to be assisting many of you in accomplsihing these dangerous and lifesaving tasks. You are in an often times thankless profession and hearing that one person say "thank you for saving my son or daughters life", makes it all worthwhile.

Check out this email:

Kurt,
    I hope you are well. Thought you would be interested in hearing this. We
    received our new extrication tool system through CEDAP on Sept. 20th,
    less than 24 hours later we had a severe mva with entrapment. The tools
    worked great. It was one of the most challenging extrications our
    department has ever handled. We would have had to call for mutual aid if
    not for our new Amkus tool. One of our members talked to the flight
    nurse a few days after the incident and she stated that the patient we
    extricated was probably minutes away from dying of internal injuries. He
    was a local boy, they ended up taking out his spleen, but looks like he
    is going to make a full recovery, minus the spleen. Still have my
    fingers crossed for AFG, the additional extrication equipment would
    compliment our new system well.

And that folks, is what it is all about!

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    You have to give the whole group at RKB a big hand. They are thorough, provide up to date info and go out of their way to solve problems that we may not be aware of.

Recieved a phone message from them today. They have been trying to email me for 5 days with the email coming back with some type of fatal error (I did recieve an email in August from Sindy). Don't know what the problem is (no spam filters), but my internet service is looking into it with RKBs help. Sent them an email with the problem.

Hopefully we'll have a solution Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• jdlowndes
    replied
    Wow, first time one of my topics has gone more than a page.... Sorta glad to see that 6000 Dept's needed CEDAP equip, but that also means more competitions. HAHAHA Just kidding. I'm just so glad to have one more thing to check 50 times a day!!!

Thanks for the Update RKB!!!

Maybe i will get to make the trip somewhere to learn about a TIC like some of you did last year.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X