X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DellroyVFD08
    replied
    Originally posted by sunflower2006
    Well its the price difference. I would really like to have a chev 5500 but they are alot more then the f-550.
    Check into it a little bit. The '07 F-550 4X4 crew cab is right about $37 - 38,000. The Chevy chassis we got was only 42,000. I know that could be a tough $4,000, but a couple extra fundraisers might be worth trying to get a better truck. The 5500 is more of a downgraded medium duty compared to the ford which seems to be more of an upgraded light duty. That's just my personal opinion though...doesn't hold much water! LOL I do know that ford was making some improvements to the '07 line, but I haven't looked at it to see what all they did. I know I was very pleased with the 5500 when we looked at it. I'm getting very anxious to see the finished product.

Leave a comment:

• sunflower2006
    replied
    Well its the price difference. I would really like to have a chev 5500 but they are alot more then the f-550.

Leave a comment:

• DellroyVFD08
    replied
    Originally posted by sunflower2006
    I have applied for a Vehicle grant and did get the 1199a and 10 Q's. In my narrative I asked for a chev 2500hd cab and chassis. Is it possible to call and get a different cab and chassis approved as long as you get the same type of truck? Just wondering.
    Can I ask why you have decided to look into the F-550? We have a truck scheduled to deliver October 16th on a Chevy 5500 chassis. If you search the forums you'll find a lot of discussion comparing the two. We found the field of vision a lot better on the chevy/GMC and it can turn circles around the Ford.
    I also heard that the Fords were backordered pretty drastically...didn't hear why.
    Just food for thought...I like hearing different reasons why people have preferences.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Don't know about EPA stopping production, I know Ford has put a big slowdown in production on a lot of their truck line because of slow sales with the high gas prices.

But yes, you could get an F550 as long as it either costs the same or less as the truck you applied for, or if you foot the difference for the extra cost. Spending more of your own money to make something happen is allowed.

Leave a comment:

• sunflower2006
    replied
    so I should have no problem upgrading to a f-550 as long as I can find one? I did hear there is a problem with the f-550 and epa has put a stop on production for now..
    Last edited by sunflower2006; 09-26-2006, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Yes, something 3/4 ton or larger if you can find one. As long as it's in the same model size of truck, so you can't drop to a 1/2 ton chassis. But if you could get a 1 ton or larger, or even a 3/4 ton crew cab.

Leave a comment:

• sunflower2006
    replied
    Truck grant question

I have applied for a Vehicle grant and did get the 1199a and 10 Q's. In my narrative I asked for a chev 2500hd cab and chassis. Is it possible to call and get a different cab and chassis approved as long as you get the same type of truck? Just wondering.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Congrats Medic, alwasy here ot help out when and if you need it!

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Congrats Marion.

The answer to question #1 is YES. Also acceptable is SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Congrats Medic!! We're all in this together. I'll get Kurt & Brian right on it.

earl (at this age, helping is like sex--i'm always willing and barely capable)

Leave a comment:

• ncfscd6
    replied
    Hi Marion,

I am just a couple of miles from you and would be more than happy to help you out on it if you need me to.

Leave a comment:

• MarionMedic
    replied
    I got our questions yesterday.

this vehicle grant looks a little more complicated than the equipment.
    I hope you guys are up to the task of helping those of us who need it. LOL

Leave a comment:

• sfd7101
    replied
    hope

My dept. got our 1199a and 10 q's, it was our 4th (yes 4) try for a
    pumper/tanker. We felt this to be our highest priority. Get copies of anyone
    near you early for preparing for the next year for whatever the project, they
    can be of great insight and importance. Hoping you all get your needs met.

Leave a comment:

• CJPTRUCKIE
    replied
    Chief310: I think I'm going to skip panic and just proceed to disappointment in order to avoid the Dear John Day rush.

I think I'll join you on that one. Its been so long I cant even remember writing the grant, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Chief310
    replied
    I think I'm going to skip panic and just proceed to disappointment in order to avoid the Dear John Day rush.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X