No announcement yet.

vehicle award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I should have no problem upgrading to a f-550 as long as I can find one? I did hear there is a problem with the f-550 and epa has put a stop on production for now..
    Last edited by sunflower2006; 09-26-2006, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Don't know about EPA stopping production, I know Ford has put a big slowdown in production on a lot of their truck line because of slow sales with the high gas prices.

But yes, you could get an F550 as long as it either costs the same or less as the truck you applied for, or if you foot the difference for the extra cost. Spending more of your own money to make something happen is allowed.
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Originally posted by sunflower2006
        I have applied for a Vehicle grant and did get the 1199a and 10 Q's. In my narrative I asked for a chev 2500hd cab and chassis. Is it possible to call and get a different cab and chassis approved as long as you get the same type of truck? Just wondering.
        Can I ask why you have decided to look into the F-550? We have a truck scheduled to deliver October 16th on a Chevy 5500 chassis. If you search the forums you'll find a lot of discussion comparing the two. We found the field of vision a lot better on the chevy/GMC and it can turn circles around the Ford.
        I also heard that the Fords were backordered pretty drastically...didn't hear why.
        Just food for thought...I like hearing different reasons why people have preferences.

Comment

Well its the price difference. I would really like to have a chev 5500 but they are alot more then the f-550.

Comment

Originally posted by sunflower2006
            Well its the price difference. I would really like to have a chev 5500 but they are alot more then the f-550.
            Check into it a little bit. The '07 F-550 4X4 crew cab is right about $37 - 38,000. The Chevy chassis we got was only 42,000. I know that could be a tough $4,000, but a couple extra fundraisers might be worth trying to get a better truck. The 5500 is more of a downgraded medium duty compared to the ford which seems to be more of an upgraded light duty. That's just my personal opinion though...doesn't hold much water! LOL I do know that ford was making some improvements to the '07 line, but I haven't looked at it to see what all they did. I know I was very pleased with the 5500 when we looked at it. I'm getting very anxious to see the finished product.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X