bid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bid question

For all those that have gotten apparatus in the past, were you required to bid or just have 3 or 4 quotes???

Re: Bids

You are supposed to follow the same procedure your organization requires for any other major purchase. That being said you would be safer with more than less bids. Good Luck!

Comment

DHS requires at least two bids, but if your state or local regulations require more then you have to do that instead.

If vendors refuse to bid get documentation to that effect so it can be proven that you tried.
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Our town requires large ticket items (I believe over $25,000) must go out to bid.

As Brian pointed out document everything. In the my file for the brush truck is:

1) A list from the purchasing agent of the 7 manufacturerers that were sent bid proposals.
        2) The 1 actual bid that was recieved.
        3) The letter from a second manufacturerer stating they would not bid on the project.

CYA

Comment

Ours is worded as "department expenditures of $25,000 or more" need to be published. The question we sent to our Township attorney--is 5% of $100,000 to be spent by us a $5,000 expenditure or a $100,000 expenditure? I'm glad i'm not a lawyer--i'm not smart enough.

earl

Comment

Man, how many forums could I fill with lawyer jokes right about now...

Anywho, the department is spending $100K Earl, not just your $5,000 match. Since you are requesting it and it touches your bank account it doesn't matter where it came from. Ran into that question a few times already with some departments.
            Brian P. Vickers
            www.vickersconsultingservices.com
            Emergency Services Consulting
            Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
            Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

That's the position i would take.

earl

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250