No announcement yet.

1199A on/after 9-11-06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, any 2006 number on an 1199A is still a good sign. Those normally come from DC, updated in the main system. The Q emails come from the local FPSs, so that's why there is a difference in arrival. They have to manually send them out and if they're buried with other prior awards, other Q emails and the like, it may take a little longer than some others to get the emails out. They'll show up eventually. Some of the delays could be from other departments that are playing games, so it's not that the FPSs are just sitting around and not sending them out. Believe me, they're working their tails off to get this buggy moving.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301
      Everytime I see you post, I remember the guy there in Riley that has
      two CAFS units sitting under a tarp in his driveway...

Have you all ever considered talking him out of those?
      He has a slide in CAFS unit for a brush truck. The last time anyone talked to him, he had a very high price on it and it appeared to be fubar from sitting outside for many (I think around 10) years. The County FD looked at it as well for one of their newer brush rigs (we don't have a brush/quick attack rig) and came to the same conclusion. Engine & CAFS unit shot, basically just an expensive water tank. That is why it is still there.
      Where are you located LVFD301? Longford?
      Last edited by jmkfire; 09-18-2006, 03:09 PM.
      sigpic
      "Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Comment

I helped a neighboring department with a grant this year. They received the 1199 update the beginning of last week. The 1199 and 2006 # was posted on the site at the end of the week and they received 10Q last weekend. AFG isn't messing around. I'm glad for them but envious that my dept. does not have a new ref. # on our 1199.

Comment

Hey Brian,
          What is the period of performance?

Comment

Period of Performance is the 12 months from the date of award announcement. Basically at the end of that time the grant should be closed out, ie all equipment ordered & delivered, paid for, etc, etc.

Of course there are backorders and other issues that cause the need for extensions to the Performance Period, but basically all grants should be able to be completed within that time period. It avoids having so many grants open at once.
            Brian P. Vickers

Comment

never awarded

If we've been 0 for 3 on afg grants, will there still ba a 1199 update?. Also is there any significants in never having to do any profile updates in three years?

Comment

Yes, for those that have never been awarded, the Update 1199A link will appear in the 2006 application dropdown.

Profile updates are system driven to ask every ## months. That's a system setting, has nothing to do with awards.
                Brian P. Vickers

Comment

???????

Got questions 09/18/06.Time on Email was 17:44. That makes two for two this year. I need a drink .
                  Truck on one and air/light trialer plus TIC on the other one.
                  good luck everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by sgafirefighter
                    Got questions 09/18/06.Time on Email was 17:44. That makes two for two this year. I need a drink .
                    Truck on one and air/light trialer plus TIC on the other one.
                    good luck everyone.
                    Would that air and light trailer happen to be the Scott Liberty? If so I would love to read your grant narrative....

Comment

Nervous newbie

Brian (and the gang),

I put in for a regional communications project, and got the 1199a...about 2 weeks ago...but still haven't got the 10 questuions.

Is that something to worry about?

Andy

Comment

No, another regional communications I worked is in the same boat. They'll be there in enough time to make Round 1.
                        Brian P. Vickers

Comment

as previously reported our 1199 showed up last Friday, the 10q's showed up today with a deadline reply date of Friday the 22nd!!!

Comment

10 qs on 19th

I know some of you out there received an updated 1199 several weeks ago and have been waiting on pins and needles for 10 qs. I was in the same boat until yesterday. Just want to tell you not to give up-it will happen! We received an updated 1199 for 2006 on a 2004 award on September 5, 2006. We finally received our questions very late in the evening on September 19, 2006. No deadline to have the questions submitted by-just a request in big bold red letters to respond ASAP! (Which was done of course).

Just wanted to let you know-keep your head up-it is all good and it WILL happen for you. You know the saying. Good things come to those who wait!!!

Comment

Where is everyone finding their 10 q's??? We have been looking in our application mail box and have seen nothing. We did have an e-mail address that was not good in our personal info (to which we changed yesterday) which we thought that our computer geeks set up to forward all e-mails from that address to another for review, but we found out that wasnt happening.

Anyway, did the 10 q's come to the e-mail on the application, or the grant mail box???? I'm still not getting it if someone has said already. Sorry, I'm still freaking out over the 10 q's!!!!!!

Comment

If they got an invalid email address auto-response then they would move to the other two emails listed in the app or start calling.
                                Brian P. Vickers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse