Shopping for SCBA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping for SCBA's

I have received my 1199 update and the questions, so my mind starts thinking of the xmas list.

Part of the request is for new SCBA's. Looking for some knowledge about current and soon to updated NFPA reg on SCBA's. If I not mistaken NFPA is reviewing the current standards, when would the updated equipment be availiable or is there likely to be any changes.

I wouldn't expect the new requirements to be produced for a bit. I think as long as you purchase whats in current specs now, you're ok.

Comment

You can only be expected to purchase items that are compliant with the NFPA standards at the time of application. So they will probably not increase the PPE price limits to get gear with the DRDs because that standard could have been postponed or canceled altogether between March and now. Same with the 1982 on the SCBAs. That may not go in February. But if it does, all SCBA from the 2007 program will have to meet the CBRN parts of that update since they were in place at application time.

If you asked for enough per pack to buy the ones compliant with the proposed 2007 standard, then I say buy them. But if you don't have the money, you are not required to.
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse