Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

The Offical " I am freakin out, checkin everyday" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Offical " I am freakin out, checkin everyday" thread

Since the 1st round appears to have rolled out, and we have a celebration thread....why not this one.

In order to post you must admit that 1) you check your app at least 5 times a day +/- ratio of 1.
    2) you check the forums an equal number of times
    3) You fully understand that this TOTALLY for fun, and was intended to provide a welcome distraction to the above two addictions.

Hi my name is Chris and I check my app 6 times a day.....

Hi, I checked mine way too many times... Probably 10 times on the AFG site,
    still checking that much to see when they release official notice.

And on here way too much. Perhaps I should consider trying to get back to work?

Comment

Tim: "Hello, my name is Tim and I too check my application way too much."

The crowd: "Hi Tim."

Tim: "Even though we recieved our award number, I still have to look at our application to see if and when we will get our SAFER." " I can't help myself, and I know that everyone else is doing it!!!!!! I just cant help myself!!!! Someone please help MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" (Tim falls back into his chair and sobs like a little girl who has lost her dolly)

Comment

What LVFD said. Me too.

earl (I'm a man. But i can change. If you make me.--Red Greene)

Comment

I've been checking ours every couple of hours

So far we are 0 for 4, hoping the fifth time's the charm.

Applied for all new SCBA.

Here's hoping we all get to post in the celebration thread soon
          "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thank You FEMA!

Got the 1199A today! New air trailer for us!!!!!

Comment

Hi, my name is Scott and I am a checkahaulic. I really don't know how it all started. One day I finally noticed that I was addicted. My family is really concerned. It has gotten so bad that I bought a new, high powered computer and DSL (live in the country). I hope that a AFG award will help my addition.

Comment

Hi my name is Justin and I check my application 5 to 10 times a day & I check the forum even more than that... And I can quit anytime I want!!! As long as i get my new Pumper/Tanker!

Comment

4 times before lunch and at least that many before bed. And they say crack is addictive! LOL. Congrats to the 1st timers!

Comment

Hello? My name is ........Uh.........Steve, yeah that's it. I think. You mean, other people log off and don't stare at their 1199a, waiting to see an award# magically appear? yeah, me neither...................

Comment

Tim, Scott, Chris, Justin, and everyone Else,
                      The first step in recovery is to recognize that you have a problem and need help. We know that the "street corner pushers" like onebugle, neiowa and the rest are just the trickle down from the big time dealers like ktb, bc79 and dixie--and rest assured that they are being watched!!

Remember--where there is help, there is hope.

earl (scurrying off to firegrantsupport.com)

Comment

Hey, Dustin here

Im glad im not alone here. I have no idea how many times I check but its plenty to qualify. Applied for a 3000 gal tanker for our dept. and full turnouts for a neighboring dept. I know theres plenty of time yet for awards but its scary out here in not knowing land.

Comment

It should be easier for the rest of you to logon to the grant site. Greenacres2 & I got our 1199As so we are not taking up all the bandwidth!

Comment

We need a support group leader!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdlowndes
                              We need a support group leader!!!
                              That would be greenacres2!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola