Safer 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safer 2006

Well, now that there is some hope in sight for the release of the grants... Does anyone know if SAFER is going to blow its wad all in one award this year, or will they drag it out into 8-9 rounds again????

With all the speculations out there, and SAFER being reviewed and conviened already, will they do the one round???
    Last edited by Culpster; 09-02-2006, 09:21 AM.

I sure hope that there is more than one round - A neighboring department that did a larger application, including many departments still has not gotten any review 1199A or 10Q's.

Comment

I see all the 1199 for AFG going out. Has anyone got 1199 for SAFER? Checked and we have a number but no other info.

Comment

Originally posted by sprky131
        I see all the 1199 for AFG going out. Has anyone got 1199 for SAFER? Checked and we have a number but no other info.

We got our SAFER 1199 a week ago, and our AFG 1199 today.

Comment

Starting to get bummed out again.... Hope because we got an FP grant last year, we aren't getting anything this year... We sure could use new communications... ie radios...

Comment

Hold the PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our 1199 has our FG 2006!!!!!!!!! Im flippinnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats Culpster!! Commo apps are tough--was yours a regional or your department only??

Re:SAFER--k3twp got an 1199 update a few weeks ago, and it seems like i've heard a few others. It's just on the leading edge. Good luck with that one.
              earl

Comment

It's off the SAFER subject, but communications apps depend on department and project. I got one individual for a complete overhaul already, and worked one regional that has the 1199A. Hence the importance we place on assessments.
                Brian P. Vickers
                www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                Emergency Services Consulting
                Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Thanks green!!!! Our grant was for department only, like BC; complete overhall. We wrote it to be the leader in our region since we will be the first one to comply completley to the newer National and state standards in our region and everyone is looking at us to see what, and how it will work out aince our region has to comply starting 2008.

We will be getting all new handhelds for almost all assigned (truck company concept) possitions, mobile radios for our fleet, 2 mobile repeaters, base radios, and compliant pagers.

We had dreamed of mobile data, but we just couldnt find the justification to go that far. We are going to try and budget mobile data in our up-coming budgets (which would include, were hoping; gis mapping, gps, preplans, and a couple of other little neat shtuff!!!! but that is in the future), and we thought that asking for the whole enchilada would make it harder to compete and it would make us sound greedy. We may have been able to get it, and it was an expensive part of the program so we took it out.

We are jumping like little school girls playing jumprope knowing that we getting what we are getting. So good luck to everyone else!!!!! We put a lot of hard work into this and it seems to be paying off.
                  Last edited by Culpster; 09-07-2006, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Haven't seen too many SAFER notifications yet.... Are there any more out there???

Comment

k3twp (Kankakee, IL) and LVFD (southern MO) both have their 1199a's updated with SAFER and AFG app numbers. Seems like i read of a few others, but i can't say with certainty. I think theirs were both R/R, not hiring. Do i recall correctly that you applied for 1 position?

No action on ours yet. Again--good luck Tim.

earl (no clothing in this year's SAFER!!)

Comment

Ours is for recruiting and retention. With jackets!!!

Comment

LOL, Jackets!!!!! Thats right one fulltime position for our combo dept. I still think that we have a good application since the one FF would fill the last shift (3 full time FF/EMT on A,B, and C shifts/56 hour work week) with the third, while our assistant chief/inspector fills the the first due engine, and the chief staffs command.

Sounds like an engine crew to me... also would help us meet nfpa 1710 standards for first due in engine to 100% on all shifts...

Comment

It will be a long time before we can do hiring. About 10% of our safer
                            is for jackets, the rest is for anything from FF I and II training, to a TV for the station lounge. Tuition reimbursement for our firefighting program at our local college. Sign at our main station. Brochure to hand out about we are looking for volunteers. That kind of stuff.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X