• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Greenacres2
    MembersZone Subscriber

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Thanks guys. It will feel better when the 10q's arrive. Or when i look in the morning and the number is still there. It'll really rock when the truck rolls in the door!!

earl (if we get it, maybe i'll have a chance to repeat as grant committee chairman!!)

Leave a comment:

• k3twpfire
    MembersZone Subscriber

• k3twpfire
    replied
    Good Job Earl!

Nothing on the 2006 AFG for us yet.

Just waiting for the AFG number to show up under our 2006 SAFER #

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    MembersZone Subscriber

• onebugle
    replied
    Congratulations Earl,

There is a brush truck in your future.

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    MembersZone Subscriber

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Originally posted by onebugle
    Earl,

Here's a couple of acronyms that may help you with the First responder final.

Bring
    Lots of
    Stuff

Always
    Last to
    Show

My
    Education
    Doesn't
    Incldue
    Carrying
    Thanks Bugle. I need all the help i can get. Had the stuff down pretty good, then an hour ago our 2006 AFG app number SHOWED UP ON THE 1199a!!! Man, i don't know if i'll be able to get down to the table for the exam!!!!!
    earl (i wish my office had a suspended ceiling)

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    MembersZone Subscriber

• onebugle
    replied
    Earl,

Here's a couple of acronyms that may help you with the First responder final.

Bring
    Lots of
    Stuff

Always
    Last to
    Show

My
    Education
    Doesn't
    Incldue
    Carrying

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    MembersZone Subscriber

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Didn't forget them, i only use marshmallow fluff--and only the brand from my childhood (can't think of the name!!). Some things just got to be done right.

Still no change in our 1199's (tracking 3 depts.) Heading home for lunch and to study for tonight's First Responder final.

earl

Leave a comment:

• BC79er_OLDDELETE
    FH Mag/.com Contributor

• BC79er
    replied
    I'm a hot air popper fan myself, less chance of the know-it-all microwave turning popcorn into unpopped charcoal.

The cocoa in the pan method is too much work for me, plus you forgot the mini-marshmallows.

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    MembersZone Subscriber

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Shoot Vickers--in 3 minutes you could pop Orville Redenbacker in a hot air popper and add real butter!!

Moral of the story--better to wait an extra minute for much better quality. At least in popcorn.

earl (still making hot cocoa with cocoa, sugar, vanilla, pinch of salt, and milk. On the stove top. In a pan)

Leave a comment:

• BC79er_OLDDELETE
    FH Mag/.com Contributor

• BC79er
    replied
    To be accurate it wasn't the NOFA holding things up, there were other issues causing delays. I'll keep it to that since things are moving and it's not worth going into now, but many of the claims on where the blame was to be placed were wrong. Screwups happened where people least expected them, but they were fixed and all is well now.

Everyone just needs to remember that not only to we have to conduct outselves within the law, but so does the government. AFG requires compliance on both sides. So NOFA still needed to be published, but things happened months ago that caused it to be delayed. No sense in airing dirty laundry now, things have been changed so it doesn't happen again, the integrity of the program is still intact, and the money will be flowing. Things don't always happen at the speed we want, after all how many of us think 2 minutes for popcorn in the microwave is still slow?

The program is still running, more money is heading into the 2007, and next year hopefully the i's are crossed and the t's dotted for early awards.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    MembersZone Subscriber

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by ktb9780
    The last legislative hurdle, that has been holding up the 2006 AFG Award process, was officially cleared this morning with this posting in the Federal Registry.

This ruins the people who were complaining about the big conspiracies behind the delay.

I honestly believe some of the "names" who have written columns about how terrible DHS is because of the delay actually knew what the delay was, but figured they could claim "their" column helped to break the logjam...... ah, politics.

Me, I just am happy they started, now if only I could get an AFG grant.....

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    MembersZone Subscriber

• ktb9780
    replied
    Last Hurdle Cleared

The last legislative hurdle, that has been holding up the 2006 AFG Award process, was officially cleared this morning with this posting in the Federal Registry.

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/...06/E6-14759.htm

This is the "beast" that has been keeeping things tied up for the past month and keeping everyone on pins and needles. 10q's and 1199a updates should start flowing like Niagra Falls duringthe next week for a first round awrad announcement before September 30 ( pessimistically guessing here folks). Start checking your email daily and especialy on Wednesdays adn Fridays, traditionally the days that DHS sends or posts the new requests for more information out. Answer your emails promptly without delay.Let the games officially begin folks. Ready, set, go!

Leave a comment:

• jmkfire
    Forum Member

• jmkfire
    replied
    Originally posted by k3twpfire
    Remember we are dealing with DHS. Be sure to add at least 2 months to any date they quote.
    Let's see if that works! Was to start in June . Then you have July (1), then August (2), Suppose to to get started tomorrow . I believe I can agree with the add 2 months theory

Leave a comment:

• jtk9203
    MembersZone Subscriber

• jtk9203
    replied
    Nfirs

What ever happened to the lawsuit that was filed by departments that were not reporting to NFIRS???
    I saw information from the lawyers that they threatened to hold up the grants until the 3 departments who are challenging the mandate were heard.

Leave a comment:

• k3twpfire
    MembersZone Subscriber

• k3twpfire
    replied
    Remember we are dealing with DHS. Be sure to add at least 2 months to any date they quote.

Leave a comment:

• bukstpsear
    Forum Member

• bukstpsear
    replied

Well, if things are going to possibly be moving by the 6th, or 7th of September. then I better get drinking this weekend away! Ya know as a pre party to our award notification . Besides it will probably be towards the end of the week as all the government staff will be recuperating from the Labor Day festivities. It's a long weekend so stay safe!
    bukstpsear
    Forum Member
    Last edited by bukstpsear; 09-02-2006, 11:19 AM. Reason: Gramma

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse