No announcement yet.

DHS Says Grants on the Way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be accurate it wasn't the NOFA holding things up, there were other issues causing delays. I'll keep it to that since things are moving and it's not worth going into now, but many of the claims on where the blame was to be placed were wrong. Screwups happened where people least expected them, but they were fixed and all is well now.

Everyone just needs to remember that not only to we have to conduct outselves within the law, but so does the government. AFG requires compliance on both sides. So NOFA still needed to be published, but things happened months ago that caused it to be delayed. No sense in airing dirty laundry now, things have been changed so it doesn't happen again, the integrity of the program is still intact, and the money will be flowing. Things don't always happen at the speed we want, after all how many of us think 2 minutes for popcorn in the microwave is still slow?

The program is still running, more money is heading into the 2007, and next year hopefully the i's are crossed and the t's dotted for early awards.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Shoot Vickers--in 3 minutes you could pop Orville Redenbacker in a hot air popper and add real butter!!

Moral of the story--better to wait an extra minute for much better quality. At least in popcorn.

earl (still making hot cocoa with cocoa, sugar, vanilla, pinch of salt, and milk. On the stove top. In a pan)

Comment

I'm a hot air popper fan myself, less chance of the know-it-all microwave turning popcorn into unpopped charcoal.

The cocoa in the pan method is too much work for me, plus you forgot the mini-marshmallows.
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.vickersconsultingservices.com
        Emergency Services Consulting
        Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
        Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Didn't forget them, i only use marshmallow fluff--and only the brand from my childhood (can't think of the name!!). Some things just got to be done right.

Still no change in our 1199's (tracking 3 depts.) Heading home for lunch and to study for tonight's First Responder final.

earl

Comment

Earl,

Here's a couple of acronyms that may help you with the First responder final.

Bring
            Lots of
            Stuff

Always
            Last to
            Show

My
            Education
            Doesn't
            Incldue
            Carrying

Comment

Originally posted by onebugle
              Earl,

Here's a couple of acronyms that may help you with the First responder final.

Bring
              Lots of
              Stuff

Always
              Last to
              Show

My
              Education
              Doesn't
              Incldue
              Carrying
              Thanks Bugle. I need all the help i can get. Had the stuff down pretty good, then an hour ago our 2006 AFG app number SHOWED UP ON THE 1199a!!! Man, i don't know if i'll be able to get down to the table for the exam!!!!!
              earl (i wish my office had a suspended ceiling)

Comment

Congratulations Earl,

There is a brush truck in your future.

Comment

Good Job Earl!

Nothing on the 2006 AFG for us yet.

Just waiting for the AFG number to show up under our 2006 SAFER #

Comment

Thanks guys. It will feel better when the 10q's arrive. Or when i look in the morning and the number is still there. It'll really rock when the truck rolls in the door!!

earl (if we get it, maybe i'll have a chance to repeat as grant committee chairman!!)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X