• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RKBManager
    replied
    CEDAP Disqualifiers

The current wording on the application is:

Has your agency or department received, either directly or indirectly, any
    funding/equipment via the Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) (?)1 or the
    Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) for which the Award Date was October 1, 2005 or later?

Therefore, AFG grants will disqualify you if they were awarded 1 Oct or later, but Fire Prevention and SAFER grants will NOT disqualify you, as they are not intended for equipment purchases.

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• wtfd2940
    replied
    Thanks again for the feedback. I wasn't knocking the program, it just seemed odd how the FD equipment was cut out. I think I am facing grant burnout so sarcasm is flowing freely. So what is the verdict on a fire prevention grant under AFG. It isn't "technology" or equipment based. You had said before that you didn't think it would disqualify anyone. There is some different wording in the actual application than what is in the guidance. This seems to be a gray area with this grant this year.
    Last edited by wtfd2940; 04-25-2007, 05:57 PM. Reason: edit

Leave a comment:

• RKBManager
    replied
    Fire vs Law Enforcement Issue

Originally posted by wtfd2940 View Post
    I noticed the same thing. I looked at all the guidance again and it still specifically states "technology". That being said that is what i'm going with. They have really screwed up this program. It seems like they are trying to deliberatly cut out fire departments. I guess maybe we pis**ed off the police departments around the country. Not like they don't get enough grant money (sarcasm). Anyway my application is almost done and I guess I am doing the right thing. I can't see why a fire prevention grant should make me ineligable for equipment. But than again I don't make the rules.
    It's not a question of cutting out the fire departments. The funding for CEDAP originated from a Law Enforcement grant program, and DHS is trying to be sure that the majority of the benefits stay with law enforcement. Part of the justification for CEDAP was that there wasn't anything quite like the Fire Grants for the small jurisdiction law enforcement agencies. Since there are so many departments out there that get nothing at all, they went a step further and specified that departments who already got equipment or funding through the fire grants could not "double-dip" using CEDAP.

That said, one of the goals of CEDAP is to encourage regional cooperation. I would urge you to make sure any application includes solid references to regional response strategies. If you are disqualified by a fire grant, consider working with your local law enforcement department and perhaps getting them to apply for something that would benefit the region.

Best of luck to all.

Leave a comment:

• RKBManager
    replied
    Response

Originally posted by ILFD817 View Post
    Answering most of my own question, the actual application is worded somewhat differently than the sample, "technology" has been removed, changed to any "funding/equipment"

Our most recent AFG was awarded 9-9-2005, so I believe we are eligible, correct me if I'm reading this wrong.
    We had several questions about that issue, and are hoping that the wording change will help. You are correct on eligibility - if the award date was before 1 Oct 2005, you're good to go.

Leave a comment:

• ILFD817
    replied
    cedap

Just called the CEDAP help desk, it was actually answered by a human, she was able to anwer my question about date of AFG award and CEDAP eligibilty. I'll put in, not sure for what though.

Leave a comment:

• wtfd2940
    replied
    I noticed the same thing. I looked at all the guidance again and it still specifically states "technology". That being said that is what i'm going with. They have really screwed up this program. It seems like they are trying to deliberatly cut out fire departments. I guess maybe we pis**ed off the police departments around the country. Not like they don't get enough grant money (sarcasm). Anyway my application is almost done and I guess I am doing the right thing. I can't see why a fire prevention grant should make me ineligable for equipment. But than again I don't make the rules.
    Last edited by wtfd2940; 04-25-2007, 01:40 PM. Reason: typeo

Leave a comment:

• ILFD817
    replied
    cedap

Answering most of my own question, the actual application is worded somewhat differently than the sample, "technology" has been removed, changed to any "funding/equipment"

Has your agency or department received, either directly or indirectly, any funding/equipment via the Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) or the Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) for which the Award Date was October 1, 2005 or later? Note that this restriction is based upon the official date of award, not the date on which equipment was actually received. If you are not sure, please contact your State Administrative Agency (SAA) for help. Click here to view the SAA for your state. You can also click here for a PDF document that describes the UASI areas.
    Yes (Stop here, your agency is not eligible for CEDAP.)
    No

Our most recent AFG was awarded 9-9-2005, so I beleive we are eligible, correct me if I'm reading this wrong.

Leave a comment:

• ILFD817
    replied
    CEDAP eligibilty

"Awardees must not have received technology funding under the Urban Areas Security Initiative or the Assistance to Firefighters Grants program since October 1, 2005. Awardees that have received grant assistance from FEMA under FEMA’s Interoperable Communications Equipment (ICE) program are not eligible for interoperable communications equipment under CEDAP."

What are the definitons of "technology funding", we received a power point system in 2006 AFG, along with chairs and an exhaust removal system. In 2005 AFG, PPE's, SCBA's, TIC, RIT bags, pagers, radios, gear washer. Our county Haz-Mat team got a truck from the UASI program that we are housing in our station, and extrication tools from CEDAP 2 rounds ago.

I assume we are not eligible for CEDAP this time ?? There isn't much on the list we could get use out of anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by wtfd2940 View Post
    Ok so the way I understand this is that if we were awarded an AFG grant on or after October 2005 we are not eligible. We were awarded a fire prevention grant in 2006 through the AFG program. Does this apply to any and all AFG grants or just equipment grants. Seems kind of unfair to be ineligible for equipment because we were awarded a fire prevention grant....but who knows.
    It did not say Fire Preventio, and since fire prevention awards no actual firefighting equipment I am fairly certain you are eligible.

Leave a comment:

• wtfd2940
    replied
    Ok so the way I understand this is that if we were awarded an AFG grant on or after October 2005 we are not eligible. We were awarded a fire prevention grant in 2006 through the AFG program. Does this apply to any and all AFG grants or just equipment grants. Seems kind of unfair to be ineligible for equipment because we were awarded a fire prevention grant....but who knows.

Leave a comment:

• WJVaughn
    replied
    Looking at the new rules concerning past grants I was wondering if you have been awarded equipment under the CEDAP prior to 07 are you eligible to apply again next year?
    Not that I have been awarded. This is just an issue I haven't seen addressed.
    Being nosey I guess.

Leave a comment:

• SCrescue
    replied
    I know I am splitting hairs here but I would rather ask and be sure than assume and miss out. If you don't play, you can't win.

Is the AFG date of October 1, 2005 for the AWARD of an AFG or the closeout? In other words, if you were awarded in September of 2005 but still spending money in 2006 can you apply for CEDAP this go around?

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Thanks RKBManager!!

Don,
    Thanks for your involvement here the past few rounds. I hope the rest of DC is paying attention to things like public answers to questions and posting a sample app. That creates a much better environment.

We can't submit for '07, but i look forward to doing it again soon!!

earl

Leave a comment:

• k3twpfire
    replied
    CEDAP is pretty much over for fire departments.

Leave a comment:

• chip5018
    replied
    CEDAP Equipment List

I see that the list of equipment is getting smaller. Very few items a fire department can ask for this year.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X