More CEDAP Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BC79er
    Forwarded for consideration doesn't mean award. They send more apps out for SAA review than they will award so they don't have to go back and forth a bunch of times in case there are some non-concurs in there. Same reason AFG only sends apps for 2x the amount of available money to Peer Review.
    Brian,
    I understand that forwarded for considertion does not mean award. What I am wondering, (and it is probably just a change of words from last year) is if anyone else remembered it saying "forwarded for considertion" or if anyone's application status shows "forwarded for considertion" this year.
    Thanks,
    Jim

Comment

Ah, sorry about that. I thought you were asking something else. Guess I need more than 4 cups this morning to get the eyes and brain working together. Much easier to make progress on the day when that happens.
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Our application does not state "forwarded for consideration". We did not recieve SAA action by the established date, but was confirmed.

The RKB site states,
        Only applications in Confirmed or Reconfirmed status will be forwarded for consideration.
        If you met the above, I don't believe it's an issue whether or not it states "forwarded for consideration. RKB does monitor the forums, maybe they will clarify this.

Comment

Clarification

Originally posted by onebugle

If you met the above, I don't believe it's an issue whether or not it states "forwarded for consideration. RKB does monitor the forums, maybe they will clarify this.
          Just realized that we didn't actually say "forwarded for consideration" this time - we just stated that any application in confirmed or reconfirmed status would be sent forward for peer review and scoring. Just to eliminate confusion, we went back and updated all records so that the "Forwarded for Consideration" language is now on the appropriate records. Also, "Forwarded for Consideration" means just that - the application was eligible and we have sent it to the Program Office. It will then go through the evaluation process, and we'll know in late January whether it was a winner or not.

One more thing for everyone involved. PLEASE make sure that you notify the CEDAP Program office ([email protected]) if your email address changes. They are doing all the notifications (and the 6-months questionnaire for previous winners, etc.) by email and they are going to go nuts chasing bounced emails unless you help them by keeping their information current.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the information.

As always the RKB staff is punctual and infomative.

Comment

Originally posted by RKBManager
              One more thing for everyone involved. PLEASE make sure that you notify the CEDAP Program office ([email protected]epg.army.mil) if your email address changes. They are doing all the notifications (and the 6-months questionnaire for previous winners, etc.) by email and they are going to go nuts chasing bounced emails unless you help them by keeping their information current.

Thanks!
              Yep, ours is now showing "forwarded" as of 1257 today. I was sure it had been, but it feels better to see it in print.

RKBManager--did they switch your e-mail extension to match the one above? Or are you still at terr****m.com?? Hearing of your experience of having to give out your e-mail address is still one of the high points of my trip to CEDAP training!!

earl

Comment

I have worked with 6 different federal grant programs over the last 3 years, and RKB is by far the most informative I have delt with yet. Thanks for the quick answers and replys to our post.

Comment

I just went in to check the status of our application and it is still showing "confirmed" in the status box. I take this as not a good sign????

Comment

Click on your CEDAP application number or confirmed. You will see at the top of the page where it will state "forwarded for consideration".
                    Last edited by onebugle; 11-06-2006, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenacres2
                      RKBManager--did they switch your e-mail extension to match the one above? Or are you still at terr****m.com?? Hearing of your experience of having to give out your e-mail address is still one of the high points of my trip to CEDAP training!!

earl
                      My personal email has not changed. The email address above is for the Program Office, which is located at Fort Huachuca, AZ. RKB is only the "front end" of the process. Once RKB is done collecting the applications, we turn everything over to them.

Comment

Originally posted by onebugle
                        Click on your CEDAP application number or confirmed. You will see at the top of the page where it will state "forwarded for consideration".
                        Thanks onebugle, that helped.
                        Glenn Rainey
                        Colington Fire Department
                        Dare County, North Carolina
                        The Outer Banks

Comment

That looks so much better on our status page too!!! Thanks to RKB,greenacres2 and one bugle! At least we know where we stand at this point in the game. Go0d luck to all that applied.

Comment

Rkb

question answered, thanks

Comment

to rkb. can you anser a question for me a fellow chief was awarded a cdap grant and he wants to know if he has to use ther suppliers or can use his own. he wanted a msa tic and airpaks and is not shure that is what he can get.
                              Randy Meyer Chief S.T.F.P.D.

Comment

The name Commercial Equipment Direct Assistance Program, implies by name that this is not a grant where money is transferred and you purchase these items. There are pre-determined contracts set with the manufacturer of certain equipment which is given "directly" to the agnecy. The answer to your question therefore is, "no" he must use the items that have been predetermined.
                                Kurt Bradley
                                Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                                " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse