No announcement yet.

New Pumper/Tanker thanks to AFG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what really defines a tanker...but generally I'd like to see a fold-a-tank included somewhere so it can leave its water load on-scene with a pumper.

Additionally...there is no way I'd dedicate a CAFS pumper to perform tanker shuttle duty. It needs to remain on scene at the fire so the CAFS can be utilized...which means it can't be used as a tanker. You might not need a tanker shuttle if you use CAFS from the beginning.

And if I was asking for mutual aid tankers...and a CAFS pumper/tanker showed up...they would be parked in front of the fire building and CAFS lines would be deployed.

Nice truck!!

Comment

I'm just guessing here, but I'm thinking the bowed tank sides are the sides of the portable drop tank, NOT the tank on the truck? My guess is a light weight construction drop tank and the frame bows from the velocity of the water entering the dump tank .... at least I hope thats what is going on here and the concern was using two dump valves there would be that much more velocity hitting the opposite side of the dump tank, hence more bowing of the porta-tank frame???

Rick
      Rick Gustad - Chief
      Platte Volunteer Fire Department
      www.plattevfd.com

Comment

The portatank bowing would make a lot more sense, but still should
        not be an issue if you position properly

Comment

OUr cafs truck is first out in our area and is are main pumper, I agree that if a cafs truck show up that it should be used for the cafs. However this is only the second cafs truck in the area and the rest of the department do not understand that operations of cafs and it benifits. So when they call they want a tanker. They want to use there trucks. So that is what we give them. They are incharge of the fire grounds so we do what they ask. Even if there is a better way. The folding tank is carried and our second engine. Becasue the CAFS truck is our first out. It to can dump water and leave, I am hoping with the cafs and the 1500 gallons of water we will not need to set up a dump tank. It was designed more for a pumper, but has a tanker benfit also for mutual aid calls. I love all the replys I have gotten some great Ideal here. Thanks alot.

Comment

How did Bluegrass Fire Apparatus treat you all, we ordered ours from them and was down there when they were putting the pump into yours, It is nice, I have seen it first hand.

Good looking.

Comment

Bluegrass was great to work with. I was dealing with Dewey. He was great never had a problem. He would go out of his way to help. Really like working with Bluegrass. This makes the second Bluegrass truck to come into the our county. They have been great even once the truck is here. You should not have one problem with him.

Comment

After we seen your truck being built we desided to get the back-up camera as well. Dewey showed us yours and we fell in love with it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X