Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!

I'm tring to write the CEDAP grant for a TIC. But am stuck on one of the question's. 22. Please describe how the selected CEDAP equipment will be used in a terrorism-related critical incident management mission. The response should address relevant Homeland Security National Priorities and Target Capabilities . Note: The 37 Target Capabilities are available for review on this site. Click here to view the index to the Target Capabilities. How can I wirte this? I feel a TIC doesn't fall in here. Can anyone help me with a sample of last years to get a thought out .

Just so you know that I am definitely no expert, and there are others in this forum that will be able to answer this better. But when it comes to a question like this, I would answer the question in this way:

How would my department use this Thermal Imaging Camera in a terrorism related emergency?

Guys and gals correct me if I am off track!!

Comment

As imafireman pointed out you need to relate the use of a TIC to a WMD, terrorist and/or CBRNE incident. As difficult as it seems, it is still easy to do so. Think about how you would use the TIC for firefighting, S&R, hazmat etc. and gear it towards a WMD.

As Brian pointed out earlier, you respond to a building collapse due to a terrorist attack. As the first responder, the TIC can be used initially to locate heat signatures of trapped victims in voids etc., until more qualified search crews arrive. The TIC can be used to locate heat build up in the collapse, which may indicate a fire.

For folks that use TIC's on a regular basis, they know that there is no limit to their imaginations on what a TIC can be used for. Now we have to add potential WMD scenarios to that imagination.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X