2006 FP&S coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 FP&S coming soon

The application period should be opening in about 3 weeks. Nothing out yet on guidance for this year's priorities.

vfd cap'n

----

USFA Seeking Volunteers

The U.S. Fire Administration is making a call for volunteers to review the Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S) Grant program applications.

The evaluation sessions will occur at the National Emergency Training Center (NETC) in Emmitsburg, Maryland, during the following weeks:

October 16-20 Evaluation Group 1
    October 23-27 Evaluation Group 2

Could you send me the info or a link I couldn't find it on the website.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Comment

info links

I subscribe to the Colorado edition of Daily Dispatch from IAFC. http://www.dailydispatch.com/
      It's a pretty good source for, among other things, grant funding news.

The FP&S grant program homepage is at http://www.firegrantsupport.com/fps/

vfd cap'n

Comment

Still no Guidance Documents? I wonder how long it will be yet, the application period is just around the corner. This will be our 1st year applying for this.

Comment

They don't change much from year to year, so check out last year's and that will give you nearly everything you need to know. That way you can have research in hand and can just breeze through the 2006 PG when it comes out.
          Brian P. Vickers
          www.vickersconsultingservices.com
          Emergency Services Consulting
          Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
          Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Originally posted by befferk
            Still no Guidance Documents? I wonder how long it will be yet, the application period is just around the corner. This will be our 1st year applying for this.

Now Dorchester, you know better than that. Just llok on my webiste under pat grnats and find the 05 FP&S guidance and guided tour document and use that to start to work.
            Kurt Bradley
            Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
            " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780
              Now Dorchester, you know better than that. Just llok on my webiste under pat grnats and find the 05 FP&S guidance and guided tour document and use that to start to work.
              Easy on me there Kurt You know me, always checking and double checking things, want to make sure they aren't throwing in any curve balls this year

Beth (aka Dorchester, lol)

Comment

Volunteer

I would be willing to volunteer as reviewer for the FP/7/S grant applicaitons. I have been involved in prevention programs since 1981, and I am currently Executive Vice President of National Fire Safety Council. We have been a recipient of two grants and will be appling in the upcoming cycle. I assume that I would be recused from reviewing our grants.

Gaylord Walker National Fire Safety Council,
                517 764 2811

=vfdcapn]The application period should be opening in about 3 weeks. Nothing out yet on guidance for this year's priorities.

vfd cap'n

----

USFA Seeking Volunteers

The U.S. Fire Administration is making a call for volunteers to review the Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S) Grant program applications.

The evaluation sessions will occur at the National Emergency Training Center (NETC) in Emmitsburg, Maryland, during the following weeks:

October 16-20 Evaluation Group 1
                October 23-27 Evaluation Group 2[/QUOTE]

Comment

I have two thoughts about this grant...

1. would be a program to educate landowners on the
                  urban/wildland interface, which is a big concern to us,
                  but what would one think would be a good program, and
                  what would be acceptable costs?

2. In conjunction with our local Juvenile Office, a Juvenile
                  Firestarter program. Again, what would be acceptable costs
                  or items? This would be a countywide program.

All I am asking for is ideas - thoughts - hints.

Thanks

Comment

Considering the number of major brush fires going on now as well as the ones that tore across the midwest last year, I'd say a reduction program would probably be appropriate depending on your area. You can't buy any equipment related to fighting wildfires, but education is key in keeping the public aware about 1 match, 1 tossed cigarette, or a loose coal burning down 1000s of acres.

Same with Juvenile Firesetter, another great program, if you have a problem with arson among the youth, or a high risk of it. Assessments are even more important with FP apps because there is less money.

Reasonable costs will depend on what the details of each project are. What would you really need to buy, how much would it cost, and would it really be effective in achieving the outcome you desire. Those are the litmus test questions to answer.
                    Brian P. Vickers

Comment

... or coming later

I called the Help Desk this morning and was told that the 2006 FP&S application period is now scheduled to open in about 4 weeks, with the guidance documents being released a week prior to that.

vfd cap'n

Comment

With the holdup on AFG I'm not surprised, it's the same people working all of the programs. And working hard at that.
                        Brian P. Vickers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse