The "REAL" celebration thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem TD.

Congrats SMN. I'll be in Dallas next week for FRI but no Vegas this year. Maybe next year I'll get to Harvey in time to be a presenter and I can make it. Haven't been to Vegas yet.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Woo hoo, they are rolling them out tonight. Already got 6 award #s posted for a little over $1mill in awards. I will have some happy clients in the AM.
      Kurt Bradley
      Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
      " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

FINALLY.... After 4 years of unsuccessful applications, we received our first 1199A today thanks to Brian. My chief still thinks I'm lying. LOL

Good luck everyone !!!

Comment

Most chief's are pretty skeptical. They won't believe you until they see that award letter congratulating you (then it could still be a stretch).

Congratulations to every one that has recieved a 1199A update or reference number. Sit back and wait for the 10 q's and prepare yourselves for an early Christmas.

Good luck every one.

Comment

LSt Legislative Hurdle Finally Cleared

The last legislative hurdle, that has been holding up the 2006 AFG Award process, was officially cleared this morning with this posting in the Federal Registry.

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/...06/E6-14759.htm

This is the "beast" that has been keeeping things tied up for the past month and keeping everyone on pins and needles. 10q's and 1199a updates should start flowing like Niagra Falls duringthe next week for a first round awrad announcement before September 30 ( pessimistically guessing here folks). Start checking your email daily and especialy on Wednesdays adn Fridays, traditionally the days that DHS sends or posts the new requests for more information out. Answer your emails promptly without delay.Let the games officially begin folks. Ready, set, go!
            Kurt Bradley
            Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
            " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Wow !

hey guys got the "Update 1199A" form.

never got the form before.

we were 0 for 5 going into this year

this has to be a good thing. right ?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL !

Comment

Nice to see the 0-fers getting some links. Congrats Cressona.
                Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Nothing new for us. Still o for ???? Lot of time left for checking ASG grant site every 15 minutes!! Good luck everyone

Comment

Plenty of time and plenty of money left so if you don't have anything don't fret too much.

And I wouldn't spend the whole day hitting the site every 15 minutes, I'm sure Earl is giving it enough traffic as it is. The updates didn't start until yesterday afternoon around 1pm EST, so at the earliest I wouldn't expect to see any additional ones until after 9am EST. Maybe even the afternoon. There are only so many people up there working on this program (30-40) so each one is dealing with a few hundred apps. They're rolling it just might take a few hours to get to the next round of update links.
                    Brian P. Vickers

Comment

• When can I go to bid on my grant, after I get the official letter? I put in for a tanker this year and I did take into account for the extra for the new emmissions but some companies have some 2006 models still in stock. If I can get the bids out soon I would prefer an 06 model. I can get more truck for the buck.
                      I hope with my updated 1199A and award number now I will have a new mission on the floor at Dallas.
                      Hope to see you guys there.
                      Campbell
                      Smokediver6104

Comment

• Smoke, you have to get pricing after the announcement comes out. You can get letters that say that the vendors are honoring their quote from earlier in the year, but you can't "make" any decisions until after the Award Package links come through.

And odds are unless you pick up a truck in inventory all trucks being built from scratch won't make it in time for 2006 emissions.

Swing by in Dallas, I'll be in Hall F.
                        Brian P. Vickers

Comment

• Originally posted by ktb9780
                          Woo hoo, they are rolling them out tonight. Already got 6 award #s posted for a little over $1mill in awards. I will have some happy clients in the AM.
                          I take it they are front loading alot of vehicle awards?

Comment

• Not from the looks of things so far, but they're supposed to. Only two of our forum folks are in for trucks, 1 tanker 1 brush. I would imagine the mother-load of vehicle notifications is coming.
                            Brian P. Vickers

Comment

• OK, not to sound stupid... But this is my first year at doing this and our FD has never received a grant previously... What exactly am I looking for and where? Do I just need to keep checking the AFG site? Where do I find this "number"? Will something come to my regular email? Sorry but I am a little fuzzy on this stuff...

(We are 0 for 3 previously so I am not holding out too much hope anyway... )
                              Eric J. Rickenbach ("EJR")
                              FF/EMT/Instructor
                              Rehrersburg (Berks County), PA
                              www.rescuetechs.com
                              [email protected]

If there is no patient, it isn't a rescue. If you can't do patient care, you can't be a rescue. You are just a bunch of people with a tool.

Comment

• When you login on the righthand side is a dropdown box that says View Application. If you click that there would be an Update 1199A choice. Otherwise it will just say Grant/Revoke Access. This is just the beginning so don't lose hope yet. I doubt they let more than a couple hundred loose so far if that. They work from top score on down so these are probably the 100 and maybe the 99 composite scores. Tough to do with trucks, or any app for that matter. Hit about 20 so far myself, only 237 more to go. And y'all think you're strung out over this...
                                Brian P. Vickers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse