No announcement yet.

The "REAL" celebration thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the second 1199A all they did was send an e-mail asking to check and make sure that all the information was correct and nothing had changed.
    sigpic
    "Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Comment

What information will be requested on the 1199A? Our department has never be awarded a grant in the past but we are hopeful we will land an AFG grant this year. I want to have all the info on hand for a quick turn a round should we get selected.

Comment

1199A is the direct deposit verification form. When awarded you'll have to print it and take it to the bank where the account you entered into the application is and have them sign and seal the form stating that the account is real. Then overnight it up to DC. Nothing you can do right now except remain in nervous mode.
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.vickersconsultingservices.com
        Emergency Services Consulting
        Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
        Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

When logging on to our applications, we got an email stating that they had recieved our 1199A, the information was correct, "Therefore, this will be the information used when FEMA makes payments, as requested by you. " was in the message, as well as the grant number.

If this is TMI, let me know, but I figured it may be of interest to someone following the timeline.

Comment

BC79er, what happens after the grant is made official by notice? How quickly can a department request funds? Is that all done electronically? Our first grant was all paper, so the electronic versions are new to me.

Comment

As soon as the public announcement is made the 'Manage Grant' link appears. That's the one you use to request funds, so you can ask that day. As long as you have requested a minimum of two updated bids for what you applied for that is. All bids must be dated on or after the award date. Or a statement to the effect that the vendor will honor the previous quote.

Also that's request two bids, not receive. If someone refuses to bid then get paperwork to back it up. The only exception is co-op purchasing where everything is pre-bid.

It will take at least 5-10 business days for the funds to transfer. You must spend it within 30 days or declare any interest earned as federal award money. I hate to spoil surprises but I'll go into more detail in the next article & PodCast. I won't leave y'all hanging.

- Brian
              Brian P. Vickers

Comment

And if nothing's changed?

So with all the buzz about 1199's and the 10 questions, If for the third year in a row nothings changed with my ap (including ANY profile updates) doe this mean we're once again on the outside looking in??
                -Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by NewAtThisGame
                  So with all the buzz about 1199's and the 10 questions, If for the third year in a row nothings changed with my ap (including ANY profile updates) doe this mean we're once again on the outside looking in??
                  -Geoff

Not in the least. First off, what we are seeing is mainly SAFER
                  grant applications, and most likely just first and second
                  rounds.

Much more to come!

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er
                    As soon as the public announcement is made the 'Manage Grant' link appears. That's the one you use to request funds, so you can ask that day. As long as you have requested a minimum of two updated bids for what you applied for that is. All bids must be dated on or after the award date. Or a statement to the effect that the vendor will honor the previous quote.

Also that's request two bids, not receive. If someone refuses to bid then get paperwork to back it up. The only exception is co-op purchasing where everything is pre-bid.

It will take at least 5-10 business days for the funds to transfer. You must spend it within 30 days or declare any interest earned as federal award money. I hate to spoil surprises but I'll go into more detail in the next article & PodCast. I won't leave y'all hanging.

- Brian
                    Brian correct me if I'm worng here but doesn't it say get two "quotes" not bids. Not trying to split hairs just clarifying something for myself here.
                    Kurt Bradley
                    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

In years past the PG said bids since when it involves taxpayer money there should be an official bid package prepared to be a legal purchase process. Quotes are generally accepted as estimates based on loose guidelines, bids are pricing that is meant to comply with a strict set of standards. It really depends on the product which one people use, and some local governments accept quote as the term, others bid. Those that have had hairs split and got the short end require bids because there is a strict set of performance standards. All vehicles are normally bids for that reason, everyone knows what must be done. Hand tools, hose, PPE, etc, are generally fine as 'quotes'.

This year they're using good old ambiguous government speak with 'quotes/bids'. AFG requires you have proof that you sent bid/quote requests to more than one vendor capable of supplying you with what you are asking for. If they refuse, then just document that. There's no requirement to receive two prices, just ask.

I interchange the terms myself sometimes because most vendors will prepare a bid when you ask for a quote, just because that's how their system is programmed. Everything comes out saying 'Bid Request' on it on matter what.
                      Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Good Luck to everyone

Long time lurker on the forum, just wanted to say good luck everyone.

Comment

Just checked AFG site and found "Update 1199A" link on our AFG grant request. First time I've ever seen this. It appears they just want to verify the information, instead of it going the bank for verification? Could this be our year after going "0 fer" for so long? And yes it is AFG and not SAFER.

Comment

Chief--that's lookin' mighty good. When you log in, you'll need to print the 1199a if it's correct, and take it to the bank for signatures. If there are any errors, it needs to be corrected and then printed. If you print it with mistakes, you have to call the help desk and they can re-release it. No corrections can be made to the printed copy, has to be done on-line.

Bottom line--you're in the hunt!! In a very good way.

earl (with fingers and toes crossed!!)

Comment

Congrats Chief. I'd say you're more than in the hunt, your dog is about to put teeth into rabbit.

I wouldn't go ordering the champagne yet but you could start pricing some bottles for the celebration party.

Keep your eyes peeled for the questions people. DHS usually send the 10 Q's in an email with subject RE: EMW-2006-FG-#####. Depending on how your Spam filter is set sometimes these get grabbed because there is no original email. This was an old Spammer's trick to try and get people to read the email by making them think you emailed them first.
                              Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Found an 1199 Update!!!

I just checked some of the department's that I wrote for this year and did not find an "Update 1199" link---but did find the following on the 1199 page:
                                Reference Award: EMW-2006-FG-XXXXXXX

Yipeeeee! I know, I know, don't count your chickens before they hatch. But my goodness after all of this waiting-a development like that can't help but get ya excited!!!!!

I had checked all the apps this morning and nothing had changed. I read the previous post and decided to go check again and there it was!!!

Hopefully, maybe, it is starting!

FYI: This app was for a tanker

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...